Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2221 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
azgooon

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
tiny bit of wall between stacked on each other and overlapping windows

Hi,

I am trying to achieve indentation on the outside part of the wall.
After checking up the number of tutorials it turned out that I can utilize the service window for that. I have therefore aligned my main window and outside underneath inserted service window with invisible textures.
Unfortunately, I am unable to achieve the desired effect as there is a tiny piece of the wall separating main and service windows. Please see the photo below.

I've tried grouping, all sorts of alignments but in any case I wasn't able to get rid of this thin strip of the wall.

To be clear, the height of the service window does overlap with the elevation of the main window.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Ideally, I would like to refrain from creating bespoke windows having this indentation built-in as I do have the same style windows in the entire project but not all of them have such indentation from the outside.

I can upload my window model if required.

Thanks,
Tom.
[May 21, 2020, 2:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: tiny bit of wall between stacked on each other and overlapping windows

Not sure about which "tiny bit" you speak about: the one just bellow the window frame, or the one near the ground?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 22, 2020, 11:06:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
azgooon

United Kingdom

Sorry about the confusion, probably because I've spent hours looking at it, this became apparent to me. I have highlighted a "tiny bit" in red.

I have however managed to resolve the issue by realigning my model in sketch up before importing to the furniture library and defining cut out shape property.

Thanks and regards,
Tom.
[May 22, 2020, 2:49:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you want to specify where your texture starts, study Modify Furniture carefully. When you apply a texture, you can Scale it, but also set the X and Y offset.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 22, 2020, 4:47:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved