Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1160 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
s_koch

DE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Merge Furniture (some simple objects) ?

Dear all,
I just tried to create an alutruss ( a beam made of aluminium tubes, what is usually used on stages for rigging) and I wonder, if there is ay function to be able to merge several objects (forms) into one new furniture.

I know I can group the several smaller forms, but nevertheless I want to ask, if there might be some way of creating one new furniture, what is assembled from several "forms/shapes/objects"?

(I´m not shure how to use the correct expressions, but I hope you understand what I´m talking about?)

Many thanks!!
[May 2, 2020, 8:31:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Merge Furniture (some simple objects) ?

Mark all the objects you want to merge, click on "3D view" and there on "Export to OBJ format...". When asked, click on "Export selection".
And then, reimport this new OBJ file to your furniture catalogue.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 2, 2020, 10:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
s_koch

DE
Re: Merge Furniture (some simple objects) ?

Wow, easy like that ?
So, I love that tiny software more and more...
Many thanks !!
[May 2, 2020, 10:50:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved