Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6419 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
gar37bic

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Trying to get HiDPI working - SH3d 6.3, Ubuntu 18.04

Folks,
I'm running an HP x360, Ubuntu 18.04. I'm trying to get SH3D running in HiDPI mode. I've tried the various suggestions I've seen, so far without any success - the program runs but it's all tiny. My most recent method was to edit the SweetHome3D shell script to run my local copy of java 13 (actually zulu-13). This runs fine AFAICT but is still not HiDPI.

The change I made was just to replace "$PROGRAM_DIR/jre8/bin/java" with /usr/bin/java, since my default java is now zulu-13.

I also tried adding -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2 to the script but that didn't make any difference. This is not my area of expertise, that was just shooting in the dark...

For completeness, here is the relevant part of my revised script:

exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx2g -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/SweetHome3D.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Furniture.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Textures.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Examples.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Help.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jeksparser-calculator.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/iText-2.1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jmf.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6/j3dcore.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6/j3dutils.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6/vecmath.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6/gluegen-rt.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6/jogl-java3d.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre8/lib/javaws.jar \
-Djava.library.path="$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/java3d-1.6 \
-Djogamp.gluegen.UseTempJarCache=false \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId=SweetHome3D#Installer com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2 \
-open "$1"

[Apr 27, 2020, 12:18:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Trying to get HiDPI working - SH3d 6.3, Ubuntu 18.04

Could you try with "$PROGRAM_DIR/jre8/bin/java"?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 27, 2020, 9:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gar37bic

US

I did that first, and the app came up but it was not in hidpi mode, very tiny. That's why I tried modifying the script as shown above, after I tried all the things I found online. I'm open to suggestion :)
[Apr 29, 2020, 8:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gar37bic

US

Following up, I've tried the following - it seems to work exactly the same in all cases.
- 6.3 download, stock
- 6.3 modified as shown above
- Ubuntu distribution version
- 'Portable' all architecture version
I also tried to get the Java Web Start version working with suggested parameter mod (" -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2") I don't recall if I got that working, but if I did it was just the same.
[Apr 29, 2020, 10:59:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gar37bic

US

I'd just like to add that I used SH3d a number of years ago on a different project with great success. I appreciate the effort all y'all have put into this, and I'm confident that we can make it work! :D
[Apr 29, 2020, 11:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jpc31

France

Just solved it (not very clean). I'm running Arch and I just hacked the /usr/bin/sweethome3d script.
I've just added the -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2 in the options of the launch command and it worked like a charm.
I guess I'll have to redo the same after the next update ;-)) So I will document it right now.
Hope this helps
Jean-Pierre
[May 25, 2020, 4:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback. Setting the com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale property is not wrong wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 26, 2020, 1:47:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved