Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10189 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
T3NZ3N

天下
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Texture Library Problems

Are you sure the one on Sourceforge is the original one you uploaded? maybe someone uploaded an altered hacked version in it's place. Maybe you can download it again from sourceforge and check its the same one you made
[Apr 24, 2020, 2:00:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Could it be that your Windows is busy or even damaged by malware? (the low res splash screen gave me this idea)
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Apr 24, 2020, 9:25:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Doubtful, I had the same problem on a different PC, with a new install I rarely use, and it had the same low-res splash screen.

However, both were synced to Amazon Cloud. I suppose they could have messed with it, or something got corrupted, or was being accessed during use, etc.

I then re-downloaded the Portable to a different directory on this computer, which is a brand new Win10PC, and very powerful, and still the same splash screen.

I then took the new downloaded version to the other PC and had the same low-res splash screen.

however, after opening the program several times on the other PC, the Splash screen went back to normal.

I've never seen anything like it. I use EsetNod32, and have been using Windows since Win95, and am pretty adept at noticing & dealing with any malware.

I suggested it was something with the Version on the site, and it could have been accessed by the CIA, as that's just the stupid things they do for no apparent reason, such as the CIA exploit of Notepad++ sometime back.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility that my own computer may be being victimized by those jokers at the CIA, but that's really a possibility for anyone.

But they do directly work for the Financial Interests of Private Individuals and Corporations, and don't really do anything else, and harvesting Psychographic Data for Private Companies is definitely their wheelhouse, and FOSS software seems to be their playground. They may in fact want to put an end to FOSS, as some American company isn't directly profiting from any of it.

These days, as soon as your computer access the internet you're at least apart of the NSA Prism Program, and most likely a part of the Botnet, and they really just have immediate access to your computer. There is just no escaping that anymore, they work with the HDD manufacturers at the Factories already.

But that's all a bit beyond the scope of what is probably some other, more simple problem.

Although, I do think it has something to do with Java. Not quite sure how yet. Java is also an easily exploitable tool by the government with a high likelihood of having backdoors created specifically for Government Entities.

I do see that they can both open multiple instances, just not from the launch Icon, but through the File Menu.

But I'm not reinstalling my OS to test any theories that would undoubtedly just result in the same situation afterwards if proven correct.

There's something else going on, I'll have to dig further I guess.
[Apr 24, 2020, 5:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, since I utterly abhor conspiracy theories, I'm outta here...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Apr 24, 2020, 10:36:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

well, those are factual occurrences, but I certainly understand the innate need to believe a certain way that makes you feel wonderful about everybody and everything all the time, and abhorring anything which gets in your way of such a utopian fairytale.

Maybe it's better if you stop believing in malware as well, or just imagine it all comes from Nigeria or something.

Cognitive Dissonance, in almost every instance, leads to some type of happiness.

But thanks for letting me know, rather dramatically, that you aren't hanging around, and stomping off with some degree of sassy flair.

Anyway, not talking to you anymore, but for the Internet at large, I do think I've narrowed it down to Java, and my install of Portable Java & Portable Java Launcher, and how that's working on my system without any Full JRE installed. I have the same set up with the Launcher, the CommonFiles Folder, and Java Portable in many different Portable Application Folders on my system for easy use and quick transfer to USB devices, so I can;t say removing the ones from this Portable Install would really make a difference, just that this program is the only one I've seen with the splash screen affected.
[Apr 25, 2020, 4:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

T3NZ3N, please share your views elsewhere, your way of communicating is really not what users expect here.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:33:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Fair enough bro. No more "views" or "opinions" or "wordiness" or other text which doesn't directly have to do with asking and answering a question.

Got it, switching to borg mode. beep boop beep.
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:40:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved