Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10201 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
T3NZ3N

天下
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Texture Library Problems

I can install all 8 of the Contributions and eTeksScopia Texture sh3t libraries, and they import great into sh3d, but I haven't been able to import any of my own texture libraries.

Looking at the Contributions & eTeksScopia libraries, I noticed they all had a folder structure like "Folder/folder", such as "Contributions/contributions/*.jpgs", whereas the export from TLE has simply "Folder/*.jpgs". The subfolder has no capital letters, and I'm assuming it can't have spaces or special characters either

I also noticed that the "PluginTexturesCatalog.properties" file, when I exported from the TLE, was in the same folder as the image files, but in the Contributions & eTeksScopia libraries they were in the top folder.

I also noticed that in the "PluginTexturesCatalog.properties", each image file is listed with an ID=, which I read can "be added with a small tweak to the program", but I don;t think any users are going to be making tweaks to the programming.

Then, the Name from TLE is simply "name#1=Birch 2", but the name from the official ones are in the format of "name=Birch bark", with the category listed after the name, and no numbering present after the name, even if the name field said "Birch2"

I also noticed the "image#" path goes to the subfolder and the path looks like "/subfolder/birch_bark2.jpg", noting there is no spaces, and all spaces have Underscores in their place.

On my TLE export, however, the image# has FORCED spaces. I renamed all of my images with AdvancedRenamer to remove all spaces in the name. I then, just to be extra sure, reconverted all of my images and ripped out any EXIF, or other data & profiles, making a completely new file, rebuilding the thumbnail, with no extra data inside. HOWEVER, when I imported them into the TLE, all the fiel names had spaces between the name and the number. For example, an image named "Birchbark1234" appeared as "Birchbark 1234" in the TLE.

I suspect this is the problem.

So in my "PluginTexturesCatalog.properties", my image# name has spaces, whereas the official libraries are carefully named to not have any spaces.

And when I try to import the sh3t file into sh3d, nothing happens.

I don't understand why or HOW the TLE is adding spaces to my file names which clearly don;t contain the data for spaces in the file names.
[Apr 23, 2020, 3:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下
Re: Texture Library Problems

Here are the things I tried:

Stripping all data, Resizing images to all be the same square size, Converting to different image Formats like BMP & PNG, renaming without spaces or dashes or special symbols, being sure all fields were filled out in the TLE, and exporting several smaller groups of textures instead of one large one.

I wonder, is there a limit to the number of images or size of the sh3t file? Even my smaller ones didn't work, however.

As for the TLE Interface, I would like to suggest the following:

the Undo button. I know i read that they didn't think it was necessary, but I think it's very important, and here is why:

If we want to break one larger sh3t file into several smaller ones, we can delete the ones we don't want then save as, and it would be nice to hit undo to repopulate the list to replace everything that was deleted on export, and delete different ones.

ALSO, if we accidentally put the category in the name box because we were distracted, we could just undo instead of starting all over.

It would also be very great if you could Prevent the Name Field from being active at all while editing multiple items, since you shouldn't use the same name for two different textures anyway, and to help prevent accidental category name being entered in name field.

Also, When "Creating New", the files from the original somehow populate with the new one opened, often just appended to the end as a bunch of duplicates. I think this happens especially if they have the same name or are the same sh3t file. Therefore, if you could add a "Close Database" option that asks to save changes, it would close it out completely before opening another one.

The 'New' function doesn't exit the database completely, and you are only asked to save invisible databases when exiting the entire program, not when creating New, meaning the open one is still lingering around somewhere in there. or perhaps make some tabs that show the open databases.

It would also be great if it could Remember the last directory when opening.

And useful also if it could automatically Check for Updates

Those are my suggestions to make the TLE much better.
[Apr 23, 2020, 3:43:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Furniture and Texture Library Editors are small add-on tools, and there's surely plenty of place to make them better. But the truth is that I prefer to spend more time on Sweet Home 3D programming, so I just fix bugs on the Library Editors at the moment.
The next improvement I had in mind would be to change the preferences to propose options that would prevent renaming images and choose if the ID field should be managed or not, among other things. Some options exist in the program but there's no user interface to change them.

Anyway, I just tried the Texture Library Editor 1.6 again under Windows and macOS, and didn't notice any issue when I tried to import the generated library. The two existing libraries were only partially managed with the Texture Library Editor, mainly by contributors to translate the texture names. As the format of SH3T files is quite simple, I prefer to manage a few thing by hand (the script which generates the existing libraries is here).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 23, 2020, 5:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

I'm still unable to get it to work, but I'm 90% certain it has to do with the naming.

It's really weird behavior I'm seeing.

For example, originally I noticed all of the files ending with 0 would have it cut off, and all the ones with 00 would as well, so I replaced all of the 00s with x

Then I noticed that names like "Texture 0505" were showing up in TLE, but names like "Texture11", "Texture12", etc were showing up as multiple instances of "Texture 1", with the second digit truncated.

And still for some reason adding a space between the letters and the digits, which I'm pretty sure was intended to be a useful feature, but i think it may be conflicting with the naming output standards required on sh3d import.

So I renamed all my files to some gibberish on the end, converting all the numbers 0-9 to corresponding letters Q-Z, and when I imported to TLE, there were no longer any spaces. But export still didn't work, at that was with only 17 jpgs.

So I converted them all from 512x512 to 256x256, and that still didn't import.

I also tried merging my new ones with one of the Scopia ones, which didn't work either

Have you tried importing with Portable6.3?

I'm not installing the full version again as I don't have desire to reset everything up at the moment
[Apr 23, 2020, 5:41:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

I also tried it after installing the full Java8, instead of portable Java, and that didn't work either
[Apr 23, 2020, 5:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Send me a simple SH3T file you created. I'll try to understand what's going on in your case.
[Apr 23, 2020, 5:56:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Sent

it's 40mb, so i sent you a cloud link
[Apr 23, 2020, 6:24:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I tried your SH3T file and the textures it contains appeared as expected in the textures catalog after I imported the file (under Windows as well as under macOS).
Are you sure you didn't make a confusion between the furniture catalog and the textures catalog? The latter is accessible only from the texture button in the modification panel of furniture, wall, room,...
[Apr 23, 2020, 8:12:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

are you kidding? no still no success

I'm on win10 x64

And you imported it into sh3d Portable v6.3?
[Apr 24, 2020, 1:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

well, I just copied a new categorized sh3t file into the data/textures folder and they all appeared when I opened the program in the textures list.

Tbh, I actually had to install the newest Scopia one 3 or 4 times before it finally worked. So something weird was already going on.

Also, for some reason, the Splash screen somehow changed to a very low res image. When I opened Portable5.4 the splash screen looked great, but for some reason the newest 6.3 is a really low res splash screen, maybe there's something wrong with the one I got.
[Apr 24, 2020, 1:57:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved