Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83721 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.3

I released Sweet Home 3D 6.3 tonight.

Thanks you all for your feedback and support smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 15, 2020, 11:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T2000

Hey, I just stumbled across these postings.

First of all, thank you VERY much for keeping this piece of software alive and all the effort you spend on it!

I have planned my whole house with sweethome3d!

One thing I noticed though is that on Arch Linux it stopped working and the reason is mesa in version 20. It seems to be related to JOGL as JOGL-2.4 apparently should support mesa-20 but you have removed it from the final version.

Unfortunately I cannot find the download link to the 6.3 beta1 because I would like to give it a try, even though I would have some glitches, but I would like to see whether its working with mesa-20.

Regards,

Stefan
[May 4, 2020, 7:51:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

T2000, did you try the second script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 available with Sweet Home 3D installer version?
[May 4, 2020, 9:46:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

It seems that the shortcut for join walls has been lost in the Mac version. It works from the drop down menu though, and it works in the Windows version.
Could you please check?

Xiste
[May 10, 2020, 8:50:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Sorry to say, but I'm really having trouble with v6.3. Suddenly my Mac is freezing completely when I'm changing a texture or making a copy of an object with option+move.
I am forced to do a Swedish restart.
This is frequent, and this has not happened to me in many years.
No other apps running.

So something is obviously not right with v6.3.

6.0, however, is working perfect. After going back to using that version, I have had no crashes now for five days.
Going back to v6.3 this evening, I had a total meltdown in two hours, and it took ages to restart my machine.

Sorry I cannot send you a crash report, since I'm not offered any crash report after a Swedish restart.

Cec
[May 18, 2020, 11:28:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Xiste, I just tried cmd + alt + J shortcut and it worked as expected. Maybe, you set this shortcut on the system for another task?

Cec, I looked at the differences between versions 6.0 and 6.3, and I'm really wondering what could cause the issues you encountered.
First, I tried to guess from the context what you meant by "Swedish restart"? Is it a reference to the color of the Windows BSOTD (Blue Screen Of The Death)? wink
Then, I tried to duplicate many large objects with the option key under macOS 10.14.6, but it never crashed even if the 3D view was slowed down (but I didn't edit the same file during hours). Did you pay attention to increase the max memory if needed? Would you have the patience to test Sweet Home 3D 6.1.2 or 6.2 too?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 20, 2020, 4:36:48 AM]
[May 19, 2020, 2:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

A "Swedish Restart" is when you pull the plug to shut down your computer :)

Did you pay attention to increase the max memory if needed?

I have given SH3D 64G. That should be plenty.
I'm monitoring my memory, and it's stable at around 38G app mem when I'm only running SH3D. Memory usage is the same for v6.0 and v6.3.

Would you have the patience to test Sweet Home 3D 6.1.2 or 6.2 too?

Sure. v6.1.2 I haven't tried yet, but v6.2 has a texture problem.
I will try 6.1.2 now.
If no one else reports any trouble with 6.3, don't bother about this. I'm perfectly happy with v6.0.

BTW: option+cmd+j has not worked for years. No bother. It's just as fast to use the right-click menu.

Cecilia
[May 19, 2020, 8:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I have worked with 6.1.2 for some 5 hours now without any trouble. It seems to be stable.
I don't notice any differences between 6.0 and 6.1.2.
[May 20, 2020, 12:12:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I got a tip yesterday to clear the Quick look cache and reinstall Java.
That seems to have solved the problem with 6.3.
I have worked with a VERY big file now for 6 hours without any problems.

So I'm back on 6.3 and happy :)

Cecilia
[May 23, 2020, 12:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
s_koch

DE

[quote clear the Quick look cache...
Can someone help please.
HOW to clear this cache on Windows PC
(I use Win7 and Win10)
many thanks!

(because I got the problem that larger video-renderings causes shut-down of the programm...)
[May 24, 2020, 8:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved