Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83687 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.3

@Gildaniel, thanks for your suggestions about the default text size of dimension lines, except that the two images you showed over-exaggerate the problem. In a future version, I could try to compute a different text size according to the place it will occupy along the line, propose a default size in the preferences or add a modification pane for selected dimension lines. But as these dimension lines are permanent and printed, I can't change their size according to the current zoom factor like for temporary dimensions, otherwise this would break WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You get) in the plan view.
In case you didn't know, note that the Enlarge / Decrease size menu items will affect all the dimension lines and other texts selected in the plan, so you can select more than one line to change its text size at the same time.

Good morning, Emmanuel!

May be I was not very good explaining.

Using SVG online one can easily inspect whole plane and small details on it, zooming picture. So, big objects like square region, or house basement, need of large dimension size and names/squares, small objects (like window width or chair size)- need small dimensions.

So, on one page I need couple of dimension sizes, like here https://woodmouse.ru/3dplan/aeb/4.html

I use hotkeys with several dimenstions selected. Why not menu options - because I often need about 6-8 steps to adjust text/room name to needed size. Enlarge/decrease option locates on the third menu level and works out only once. Thus, to increase the text size for basement I need ~21 aimed mouse clicks.

But I see that temporary dimensions are always good size to be placed permanently (because they correspond to suitable zoom level for measured object!)
Thus, you already has algorithm for good dimension size calculating, I just ask you to put permanent dimension same size like temporary shown. Of course, placed once they should stay exact permanent size.

Thank you!
[Apr 12, 2020, 2:59:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Emmanuel
Please verify the last link for beta 3.
It appear is the same as previous. About show JOGL 2.4.

@Gildaniel
Use Select Hide Utility plugin .
Your problem was also for me and one reason to write it.
After You've select ALL dimensions at current (selected) level.
You could deselect unwanted and increase/decrease font.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 13, 2020, 7:29:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry for the wrong links, I just fixed them.

@Gildaniel
I forgot to answer about your suggestion to be able to enter values when editing walls and rooms. That would be nice but at the opposite of creation time, modifications are done with a drag-and-drop. Authorizing to press <enter> and enter values while the mouse button is pressed (then released) would mix two modification behaviors which would make it too complicate to manage and understand by users. Or maybe I could allow the <enter> key while the mouse button is not pressed to allow the same modification with the keyboard as if the user would do a drag-and-drop... I will try, but if most of you here don’t see what I want to program after a first read, I’m not sure it’s a good idea either.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 13, 2020, 7:58:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Great!! applause
Now it works as You promise.
Thanks!!! Good job!!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 13, 2020, 9:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I think I have found a small bug.
Applying a texture to an object can make SH3D crash. Happens only in the 6.3 beta version.

I made a screen recording:

Timeline1

Xiste
[Apr 13, 2020, 10:07:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Sorry for the wrong links, I just fixed them.

@Gildaniel
I forgot to answer about your suggestion to be able to enter values when editing walls and rooms.
I will try, but if most of you here don’t see what I want to program after a first read, I’m not sure it’s a good idea either.

Emmanuel, it would be very helpful function! Now despite of all existing tools of size correcting (properties, resizing plugin), it's quite hard to draw in SH with exact dimensions. As for me, after a lot of trying, I gave up and draw approximately, like sketch. It was quite hard to rebuild the head, because before I was always very exact, as a "make-perfect man".

They probably could be custom mode with alternative drag-drop behavior, same as a new objects drawing: click-n-release to get; drag (and enter value if needed); click-n-release to drop.

Thank you once again for your very useful work!
[Apr 13, 2020, 11:00:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I think I have found a small bug.
Applying a texture to an object can make SH3D crash. Happens only in the 6.3 beta version.
I made a screen recording:
Timeline1
Xiste
None problem for me !

wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 13, 2020, 11:16:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I have the same problem as Xiste.
A lot of my textures causes this version to shut down.
When re-importing a problem texture by changing it with the modifier, the problem is gone.

Cec
[Apr 14, 2020, 2:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Xiste, Cec, could you confirm that this bug doesn't happen with the Beta 3 where I replaced the version 2.4.0 RC 20200202 of JOGL by the version used in previous versions of Sweet Home 3D?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 14, 2020, 3:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Version 3 seems to be working great!
Problem solved, thank you!
Time to look at the new features.
[Apr 14, 2020, 4:30:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved