Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3848 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Work area.

Let me say this first of all: This program is really awesome! I'm constantly learning more, and I'm constantly getting more and more impressed.

I'm presently designing a new studio which naturally requires thousands of edits per day, and there are three things that I have views on, although there are probably good reasons for keeping it as it is:

1) The user interface is very bright and becomes quite eye straining after many hours of work, even if I set my monitors to night colors.

It would be nice if we could design our own color schemes.

2) The edit window ( or what do we call it; The Home window ?) keeps deselecting itself.

Like it is now, I have to manually re-select the edit window by pressing the scroll wheel or left click somewhere on the frame, in order to reactivate my selections after using the modifier tool.
This takes time and slows down the work flow.

Would it not be easier if the edit window ( or any window, for that matter) was automatically activated when we performed a task in it, and; that it stayed active until we chose to perform a task in a different window ?

When adding an object to our plan it seems to be selected, but it's not. It's still selected in the furniture catalog. The object should be activated in the plan, so that when choosing to modify it, we should open the modifier and not the furniture modification wizard.
When you add something to your home that you immediately understand is wrong, you automatically hit delete. This deletes the object from the furniture catalog.
Not good!

3) The Aerial view needs a lock/unlock-function.
Once you have found a position, you should have an option to lock and unlock the geographical position of the camera, but still be able to rotate it in any direction.

Plus one insignificant bug:
The modifier does not remember the setting for "Keep proportions", like it does for every other setting.

Xiste
[Apr 5, 2020, 2:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved