Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4181 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
SeppoV12

Finland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Z-offset for texture?

Is it possible to add Z-offset for textures (just like X- and y-offset)?

I think that could solve 'problem' with crossing loghouse cornes: joints should be like in real world example left.
On the right is flat wall with log wall texture. No matter what I try (different level for walls, base board, different wall heights..), SH texturing outsmart me and joints in both walls are at same level.

I am equally satisfied if someone can show (simple?) solution for this without program modifications.

[Mar 29, 2020, 4:27:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Z-offset for texture?

I would create 2 different textures, one with half log shifted in z.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 29, 2020, 5:12:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There's no 3rd dimension for textures shifting. The way a texture image is applied on a surface depends on the texture coordinates defined on a 3D model. Shifting the texture along X and Y allows to shift the image on all the surface of the 3D model (or a wall), but shifting the image and on a part of the model and not on another part is only possible if you change those texture coordinates which is not possible in Sweet Home 3D.

A solution for your problem is to use 2 different objects. But if you use walls, shift the texture along Y will work too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 29, 2020, 6:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland

@UbuntuBirdy
I would create 2 different textures, one with half log shifted in z.

I didn't notice it..so obvious when you mentioned it.
My quick and dirty solution was to cut of half log height from texture, both upper and lower part of it. Texture is no more seamless but this is not problem with wall heights I am using.
Thank you Pascal!

@Puybaret
Thank you for the explanation.
I tried different objects, even single 3D log arrays.
Now I am using walls, so handy with doors and windows biggrin
[Mar 31, 2020, 10:02:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved