Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6833 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3d printing

Ok, I had not much time to try it, but it seems to work. I have a sliced model of a house ready to print.
I will post some pics tomorrow. Printing tests have to wait until a customer project is done.
And now I'm gonna meet some friends as long as its still possible...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 14, 2020, 3:55:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, this is the project: it is a shipping container house built with 6 40" and one 20" containers.

And here are 2 screenshots from Cura slicer where you can see th whole model (scaled down to 10% but there is an issue somewhere between SH3D obj export and Cura obj import) and a cut where you can see how it looks inside the model.

I used 3 boxes to fill the whole building.
For the export I selected only the building without the exterior but with all the interior.

As I allready mentioned, I have to wait with printing this project until a customer project is printed and delivered.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 15, 2020, 2:12:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pjcomeau@gmail.com

Canada

Here is what I'm doing:

-choose the level you want to export;
-select all parts of the level (CTRL A );
-from the "3D View" menu choose "Export to OBJ format..."

I know Pruse slicer can open .obj file - you will have to re-size it to a value like 7% (I guess you print a small to medium design)

Repeat the above steps for each levels of your design
[Jan 9, 2022, 8:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JaffH

United States

I've been searching around but have only found 1 unanswered reference to exporting SH3D plans to a 3d printable format.

Is there more information on this I am missing? On a futures/request list?

Thanks!
Mike

I'm using Fusion to convert files to print on my 3d printer [moderated]. In Fusion, you can upload different files to it and the files can be easily converted to STLformat regardless of the initial format. It is able to write G-codes for any of your files.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 22, 2022, 7:30:18 PM]
[May 22, 2022, 1:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved