Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2563 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
gcalavaro

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Error in zipping furnitures to sh3f?

Hi,

What is the way to zip a folder with some furniture to create a .sh3f file, please?

I created a folder with some furniture using as a template an existing sh3f file and modifying a couple of objects.
When I zipped back the file I wanted to test it, by running it through the FurnitureLibraryEditor, but when it load this file it shows nothing (same results as the file was empty).

To make a further test, I zipped the folder that I just created by unzipping an existing sh3f file that is working fine.
When I run this zipped file, that should run fine as there was no change except unzipping and then zipping it back, FurnitureLibraryEditor again doesn't load anything and shows no furniture in that file.

So what is the error I am making while zipping the folder to create the sh3f file?
I tried by using the windows 10 Send To -> compressed folder function and by using 7-zip.
In both cases I renamed the .zip file as .sh3f.
In all cases the new file is showing nothing when opened by FurnitureLibraryEditor.

Any help by the experts is very much appreciated.
Thanks very much for your attention.
Best regards,
Giuseppe
[Mar 8, 2020, 4:01:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Error in zipping furnitures to sh3f?

The PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties you included in your SH3F file is probably incorrect.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 9, 2020, 4:23:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gcalavaro

Italy

Hi Puybaret,
I was thinking like you that I made an error modifying the file
PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties
For that reason I have tested the process by unzipping an existing file .sh3f that was opened correctly by the FurnitureLibraryEditor and then zipped the folder just created without making any modification.
In this case there was no modification at the file PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties and so it should be correct. Yet I cannot open it as it is corrupted.

Do you have any idea why I hit this strange behavior?
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Giuseppe
[Mar 11, 2020, 9:54:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Be sure that you zipped the content of the created folder and not the folder itself (PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties should be at the root of the .sh3f file).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 12, 2020, 12:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gcalavaro

Italy

You are right. I was zipping the folder itself, that had all the files .png, .obj as well as the .properties file, that included those files. Yet, the files weren't in the root of the zip file.
Once I zipped the files themselves, the issue was solved.

Thanks for the help, Puybaret.

Peppe
[Mar 29, 2020, 11:59:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved