Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3188 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
brute4c

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mac rendering in background

Hello,
I have rather annoying problem. I'm not able to leave a rendering task running in the background because in a minute or so, when I'm switching to other application, rendering seems to be paused and CPU usage is dropping. I need to get back to SH3D in order to get the focus back, then CPU is allocated again. Note that even if I leave a SH3D on focused on first plan, but without any activity, it will also somehow pause the rendering. I'm need to move the cursor to avoid it :-/

Anyone had a similar problem? I would expect that is some optimization from OS, but I really need to disable it.

This is how it looks like in Activity Monitor:

[Mar 3, 2020, 9:39:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jegweb

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Mac rendering in background

I am experiencing the same issue (also on macOS)!

So when the rendering takes a lot of time, I need to disable the computer's sleep mode and make sure that the rendering window has the focus.

It would be nice if the rendering task could not be paused by the system.
[Mar 7, 2021, 11:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved