Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4300 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
BM80

CH
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Imported dae shows polygon lines

Hi all

I downloaded some models from 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com as dae and imported them into sh3d. Unfortunately, the models 3D views look somehow strange: the models consist of many polygons, and all surrounding lines (i.e. the whole mesh) are shown. Can I change that, are some settings wrong?

Thank you for all hints.

Best,
Bernd
[Feb 25, 2020, 2:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Imported dae shows polygon lines

Use Modify Furniture -> Materials -> Modify, then make the edge lines invisible.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 25, 2020, 6:58:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BM80

CH

Thanks a lot!
[Feb 27, 2020, 7:06:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Hi!

I have different problem - need edges to be shown, but there are none of them. Haven't found any edge switcher in Modify Furniture -> Materials -> Modify...

Situation: I negotiate house frame construction with builders, and export model from my soft in dae or obj; import to SH as a furniture and publish it online. But when there is no edges it hard to understand whether there one board or several.

Please, help to switch on the edges!

Needed view:

SH view:

Material parameters:

[Mar 12, 2020, 6:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland

Hello Gildaniel,
I think that your problem can be solved if your CAD-software has export option like 'Export Edges' in Sketcup Make 2017 I have used here.
Usually I dont't use this option but now it is necessary (picture below)

Below is part of SH3D:s 3D view: on left 3 pillars exported without Export Edges, on the right same pillars exported with that option.

And in last picture can be seen Furniture Material when rightmost 3 pillars are selected. Now there is edge color available as needed.

I hope this help or at least show some possibilies to solve your problem.
Seppo
[Mar 26, 2020, 10:07:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

SeppoV12, thank you very much for your help!
[Mar 28, 2020, 5:24:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved