Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2267 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
2manyprojects

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Launch multiple instances of SweetHome3D?

I searched around and could not find an answer.

Is there a way to launch multiple instances of SweetHome3D?

I am using the linux version and launching SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2.

Attempts so far to launch multiple instances, even from different source locations just shows the one currently running instance.

Thanks,

M-
[Feb 23, 2020, 6:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Launch multiple instances of SweetHome3D?

It’s not possible without dirty tricks, but I could add an option for that in a future version. Why do you need that?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 25, 2020, 6:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rrraf

It’s not possible without dirty tricks, but I could add an option for that in a future version. Why do you need that?

Hi,

I would also love that in order to be able to launch (night long) "multiple photo rendering" in multiple designs/files. Unless there's another way to achieve this?

Regards
[Mar 1, 2021, 12:26:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I added the com.eteks.sweethome3d.singleInstance system property in Sweet Home 3D 6.5 to make each launch of the application run in a separated process when set to false.

To use this property, add the line
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.singleInstance=false
to a file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini and stored in Sweet Home 3D installation folder.
[Mar 3, 2021, 6:55:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Would that enable us to use 2 instances of sunflow too?
[Mar 3, 2021, 10:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Yes, but both instances will try to use all the cores of the CPU, so I’m not sure it will be efficient.
[Mar 3, 2021, 10:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved