Print at Sep 28, 2021, 7:53:59 AM
Posted by Puybaret at Jun 27, 2018, 7:24:54 PM
Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 6.0.
The main reason to change the major version number is that the future macOS installer will probably come with its own copy of Oracle JRE 8, to avoid users to install Java under recent macOS versions.
This will probably oblige to create a different version of the program for users still using Mac OS X 10.7 and older versions, but I won't abandon them.

At the moment, this new version offers an updated catalog with a few special 3D models explained below.
To simplify the communication about what people can legally do with the homes they design with Sweet Home 3D and also to renew a little the default catalog, I replaced the 24 models designed by contributors under LAL license and found among the 100 objects of the free version of Sweet Home 3D.
So, in this beta version, you'll find the 24 following 3D models available under GNU GPL or CC-BY license:

They replace these 3D models:

Of course, these models are not lost and can still be found in the Contributors furniture library (they will be surrounded in green in the free models page until the final version 6.0 is released).

Among the new 3D models also shown in the following scene

the following models have special features:
- the picture surface of the Frame, the screen of the Laptop and the small frame in the Filled bookcase have texture coordinates to let you set the texture image you want.
- the Frame contains a mirror surface under the picture surface with the material named flltgrey, and if you make flltgrey material invisible, you'll get a mirror at the two best rendering qualities.
- the limbs of the mannequin / figure are articulated and you can completely change its posture with the new Modify deformation button available in the furniture modification pane (which pushed the Mirrored shape check box in the Location group):

When you click on this button, a dialog box will be shown to let you move the parts of the mannequin with the mouse:

I hope you'll find this ability useful, and that after a while, you'll understand how rotation works. I prefer to let you test this feature first before improving it from your feedback.
Note that this was programmed in such a way that it shouldn't be too hard to extend this feature to open doors and window sashes.

Of course, more features will be added to Sweet Home 3D in the coming weeks (with furniture price management among other things). Be patient!

Finally, I'd like to warmly thank the very first contributors to Sweet Home 3D models for the furniture they designed. Their contribution will always stay in my mind and in the community smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 6.0 was released on October 11, 2018]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer

Posted by bdfd at Jun 28, 2018, 6:43:07 AM
smile   Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Hi,

It's a great announcement !

Bon courage…

smile
SH3D 6.6 and nothing else - W10 64b
Core i9-9900KF (4.0 GHz), RAM 32 Go DDR4 3 Ghz, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by ndorigatti at Jun 28, 2018, 8:09:25 AM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Note that this was programmed in such a way that it shouldn't be too hard to extend this feature to open doors and window sashes.

Can't wait for doing this!
Honestly I'm not using SH since weeks (no time at all to play), but I have some models of doors duplicated to have closed/30/45/90/120/180 degrees of opening and having such feature would be great!
If you have any insight on how to test it (how/what modify in the models) let me know.
I'm a programmer and have sufficient skills in 3d modeling to modify my basic doors!

I would eventually give them for free, I create my models for my personal home and friends homes, so I have no licenses or fees :D

Posted by okh at Jun 29, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
Just a quick test. No problems, hiccups or slowdowns. Interesting development. Congratulations - and thanks.
.. useful, and that after a while, you'll understand how rotation works. I prefer to let you test this feature first...
Yes, very useful. Especially to visualise the proportions of a room design. The mannequin will be put to work right away. No fancy figure needed for that. Modifying the mannequin is easy and consistent with rest of SH3D interface.

Very curious as to whether it could be possible to create my own 'deformation' models at some point, or indeed whether the mannequin will be (slightly) more human later. Tried to use a texture for the head without great success. Maybe the head could be mapped with a default texture that is easy to change as an easy way of adding just a touch more life. Another totally minor detail, it might be a bit easier to add colour (shirt / trousers / shoes) to a mannequin using military style colour names: (ArmUpperLeft,ArmForearmLeft,ArmWristLeft). Or maybe it does not matter at all.

Anyway, the concept is great and looking forward to seeing where this will be going. You mention extend this feature to open doors and window sashes which sounds like a very good idea. Maybe even to other models as well.
..mirror surface under the picture surface ...
Yes, materials to manipulate a model has become very useful (especially after the invisible option). I would have preferred custom mtl materials like frame/mirror/canvas - easier to identify for SH3D users - but if I understood correctly, there are other reasons for using obj format colours (?).
.. furniture price management among other things...
smile

ok

PS I get an error message for enkonyito's Rendering plugin (v1.5), but I guess that could have to do with using the Java Web Start version like several other plugins.

Win8/32
Version 6.0 Beta Java version 1.8.0_171 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max Java 3D version 1.6.0

Java Console:
Java Web Start 11.171.2.11 x86
Using JRE version 1.8.0_171-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://www.sweethome3d.com/lib6/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.

Posted by enkonyito at Jun 29, 2018, 3:08:49 PM
@okh
PS I get an error message for enkonyito's Rendering plugin (v1.5), but I guess that could have to do with using the Java Web Start version like several other plugins.
Indeed, Java Web Start does not allow access to certain system properties hence this error message.

EnkoNyito

Posted by VeroniQ at Jun 29, 2018, 9:26:33 PM
applause   Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Perfect for footballers and just in time for World Cup round of 16!

Posted by okh at Jun 29, 2018, 10:42:06 PM
And exactly which teams was that you were cheering for...? Of course, if you give the right answer the rendering is supercool showing the great new features. smile But yes, possibilities are great with mannequins (impressed with the details)... ok

Posted by VeroniQ at Jun 30, 2018, 9:39:37 AM
smile Winner? Sweet Home 3D team, of course!

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 5, 2018, 11:12:03 PM
Here's version 6.0 Beta 2 (I removed offline running and file associations to avoid conflicts with installed versions).

ndorigatti, you're going to be happy, I continued the programmation of 3D models deformation and succeeded to extend it for rotations around hinges and translations along rails. This was quite tough to manage wide opened doors and windows, but I finally managed to make it work too smile

So, it's now possible to open windows, doors, cabinets and other objects when their modification pane displays a button named Modify openings or Modify posture for mannequins. This is now the case for 32 models in the updated default catalog. I added the default tag (défaut in French) to the 100 models of this catalog to let you find these models more quickly if you installed more libraries.

When you click on the Modify openings button, a dialog box appears to let you rotate or slide some parts.

I added a Reset shape button to reset openings or mannequin to their initial position (i.e. the one in their 3D model file) and three buttons to let you quickly change the point of view on the edited model.
There's no limitations on the angles or translations, and you'll have to visually check if the 3D model will remain consistant or not. You can open sashes at a larger width than window's one and the drawing of the sashes in the plan will keep their size and location correctly. The selection rectangle in the plan will match the total width and depth of the 3D model like until now, even if this may lead to strange rectangles like in the following screenshot.

As soon as an object is deformed, its size can be changed only proportionally, otherwise this could lead to strange shapes. If ever you need a wider or deeper or higher object, first reset its shape, change the dimensions you want, and deform again its shape.

This new feature works thanks to naming conventions in the 3D model files where are described the various parts of the mannequin, the hinges and their openings, as well as the rails and their sliding parts. Remember the ability to declare a shape as a mirror thanks to sweethome3d_window_mirror prefix? Here, it's the same thing, but with more prefixes:
- Hinge parts are prefixed by sweethome3d_hinge_ followed by the order number of the hinge axis they describe, starting from 1 (for example, sweethome3d_hinge_1, sweethome3d_hinge_2,...). A given axis can be defined with more than one part, for example with 2 shapes named sweethome3d_hinge_1_top and sweethome3d_hinge_1_bottom.
- The parts of an opening able to turn around the hinge numbered x should be prefixed by sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_ followed by the same number x. For example, sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_door and sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_handle will rotate around the axis defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1, or defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1_top and sweethome3d_hinge_1_bottom. If you want to define transparent panes directly without a transparent material, you can also use the prefix sweethome3d_window_pane_on_hinge_ followed by the hinge number.
The axis direction of the hinge x is guessed from the largest dimension of the global bounding box of the hinge parts. Thus, if the largest dimension of a hinge is its height, the axis will be vertical, if its largest dimension is its depth the axis will be horizontal in Y direction and if its largest dimension is its width the axis will be also horizontal but in X direction. Axes can only be parallel to X, Y or Z axes at the moment, but this looks largely enough. The axis may be defined with some dummy parts that are not visible (like in the kitchen cabinet).

- Straight rail parts are prefixed by sweethome3d_rail_ followed by the order number of the rail axis they describe, starting from 1 (for example, sweethome3d_rail_1, sweethome3d_rail_2,...). A given axis can be defined with more than one part too. If a 3D model has multiple openings translating along a unique rail, you may also use the prefix sweethome3d_unique_rail instead.
- The parts of an opening able to move along the rail numbered x should be prefixed by sweethome3d_opening_on_rail_ followed by the same number x. For example, sweethome3d_opening_on_rail_1_door and sweethome3d_opening_on_rail_1_handle will translate along the direction of the axis defined by sweethome3d_rail_1. If you want to define transparent panes directly without a transparent material, you can also use the prefix sweethome3d_window_pane_on_rail_ followed by the rail number. If a unique rail is used, you still have to number each opening to be able to distinguish the different openings that can be moved.
Similarly to hinges, the axis direction of the rail x is guessed from the largest dimension of the global bounding box of the rail parts. Thus, if the largest dimension of a rail is its height, the axis will be vertical, if its largest dimension is its depth the axis will be horizontal in Y direction and if its largest dimension is its width the axis will be in X direction. Axes can only be parallel to X, Y or Z axes at the moment.

- The different parts of a mannequin are prefixed by:
sweethome3d_mannequin_abdomen,
sweethome3d_mannequin_chest,
sweethome3d_mannequin_pelvis,
sweethome3d_mannequin_neck,
sweethome3d_mannequin_head,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_shoulder,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_arm,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_elbow,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_forearm,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_wrist,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_hand,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_hip,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_thigh,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_knee,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_leg,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_ankle,
sweethome3d_mannequin_left_foot,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_shoulder,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_arm,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_elbow,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_forearm,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_wrist,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_hand,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_hip,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_thigh,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_knee,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_leg,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_ankle,
sweethome3d_mannequin_right_foot
and all these prefixes must be found in a 3D model file, otherwise Sweet Home 3D won't accept to handle it as an articulated mannequin.

How to use these prefixes in your own 3D model files?
In a file at OBJ format, it's quite easy because the parts of a 3D model are defined by lines starting by g or o, so you just have to look for these lines and add the good prefixes to make it work. If you want to visually identify these parts, you can import your 3D model in Blender, click and rename the different parts, and reexport them at OBJ format.

It's the way I used to rename (and improve) the hinges, rails and openings of the 32 following 3D models of the default catalog:
chest.obj
clothesWasher.obj
cooker.obj
desk.obj
dishwasher.obj
door.obj
doubleFrenchWindow126x200.obj
doubleHungWindow80x122.obj
doubleOutwardOpeningWindow.obj
doubleWindow126x123.obj
doubleWindow126x163.obj
dresser.obj
frenchWindow85x200.obj
fridge.obj
fridgeFreezer.obj
frontDoor.obj
glassDoorCabinet.obj
kitchenCabinet.obj
kitchenUpperCabinet.obj
laptop.obj
mannequin.obj
openDoor.obj
oven.obj
piano.obj
roundedDoor.obj
sink.obj
sliderWindow126x200.obj
slidingDoors.obj
wardrobe.obj
washbasinWithCabinet.obj
window85x123.obj
window85x163.obj
Keep in mind to use the previous links to view some real examples using these prefixes.
I'll try to update also 3D models found in other libraries.

If you want to quickly test these features on existing homes, simply open the demos available in Sweet Home 3D, and play with the openings available in them.

okh, I tried a few times to deform the head of the mannequin, but it gave only weird results. The problem is that if you start to give it a more human look, you probably have to change all the limbs and not only one part. Feel free to try yourself by moving vertices (or adding some) on the existing model in Blender, but it's a very time-consuming task. I'll try to define some texture coordinates on the head to check if it can give interesting results.
About changing limb colors, I plan to improve the Material modification dialog box by allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
Finally, I also changed the frame.obj file to use a separated MTL file with clear material names. This kind of object with a double use is already weird enough, not to make it more complicated for beginners!
I tend to use predefined colors in the default catalog to simplify code organization, but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't forget this old habit.

Thanks all for your feedback smile

Posted by okh at Jul 6, 2018, 8:05:14 AM
Wow. This is exciting. Looking very much forward to experiment with a new set of windows.

Took a sneak peak before work today. Only thing I noticed (but this was a very quick test), was that if:
1) I import window85x123.obj as a Door/Window, place it in the wall, and then modify the opening, the proportions are ok and the window looks right, however, if
2) I import window85x123.obj as a Door/Window, modify the opening, and then place it in the wall, the window is too deep for the wall.

And the proportions seem to be auto-locked when opening is modified. But there is a logic here, just need to get my head around how this works - and how translates into my own window collection - how to use this with some of my other favourite properties
doorOrWindowWallThickness#
doorOrWindowWallDistance#

Anyway, congratulations. Very interesting development. Will test properly later.

ok

Posted by bdfd at Jul 6, 2018, 8:14:25 AM
Amazing !!! applause

Bravo Manu !

love struck

Posted by ndorigatti at Jul 6, 2018, 9:16:58 AM
woow, that's amazing and fast! I'll try to take out some time in the next days to try the deformatiions, and if I understand them, I'll try to update my models!!! thank you!!!

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 6, 2018, 8:59:39 PM
@Puybaret

The openings of the doors, windows or furniture work rather well if one keeps in mind a direction and a coherent opening angle relative to the hinges.

When sliding the doors of the default slider window, the display is correct only after changing the wall thickness.
Demo-Studio

By adding 2 cylinders as axes of rotation, it is possible to open the Turn window .

You can also use the "Modify openings..." feature to modify articulated lights.
Wall spotlight

I like it! applause
EnkoNyito

Posted by okh at Jul 8, 2018, 2:29:22 PM
You can also use the "Modify openings..." feature to modify articulated lights.
Wow again, I had not thought of that. Yes, there are some possiblities here that are really amazing. Of course, it means that some of us will have to go back and redesign lots and lots of (private) models. Apparently not only windows and doors, but all the lamps too... And come to think of it, I will need to fill my fridge and cupboards.
As soon as an object is deformed, its size can be changed only proportionally...
Quite - thanks for pointing this out discretely. Ignore my previous comment. There you go, one should sometimes read the instructions. smile
..allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
Yes, that would be brilliant. It is sometimes quite timeconsuming to change models with many (similar) surfaces - like the mannequin.
Feel free to try yourself by moving vertices (or adding some) on the existing model in Blender, but it's a very time-consuming task.
Clearly, and I am not sure I have the patience or skill, but the potential is super interesting. And an experienced Blender (or whatever) user, should be able to come up with something. Then again, for my purposes the mannequin is sufficient - putting mannequin(s) in different positions around a construction is a great help in visualising a room at a glance.
..thanks to naming conventions in the 3D model files where are described the various parts of the mannequin, the hinges and their openings, as well as the rails and their sliding parts...
Actually, this all looks very straight-forward. But I will have a problem remembering all of this. Sometimes I have thought about the need for updating the SVG mini manual with advanced properties. With all these new elements to making models, it no longer does SH3D justice.
Finally, I also changed the frame.obj file to use a separated MTL file with clear material names. This kind of object with a double use is already weird enough, not to make it more complicated for beginners! I tend to use predefined colors in the default catalog to simplify code organization, but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't forget this old habit...
The frame is certainly easier to understand now. But I also would not worry too much about the other models. And I certainly see the rationale for keeping it simple.

So far, no crashes or strange behaviour.

Thanks, this is lots of fun.

ok

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 8, 2018, 6:48:33 PM
Thanks for your comments smile

EnkoNyito, thanks for trying modifications on the Turn window and the Wall spotlight. The issue on the latest is that the light sources associated with the 3D model won't rotate themselves, but I have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too.
About your test on the Slider window, this shouldn't happen simply because the windows of this model aren't supposed to go beyond the frame!

Okh, I will be very happy if you update your manual or create another one. But maybe, it will be better to wait for the final release of version 6.0 wink

Posted by okh at Jul 8, 2018, 7:57:42 PM
Still have not been able to find any anomalies in 6.0. No craches, no beta issues.
..have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too...
Should be interesting.
.. better to wait for the final release of version 6.0...
And wait until I get my head around all of these very nice new properties for SH3D models smile. It seems to me that it is now possible to create very good models that will work in any context AND have extra custom features in SH3D. Your work on the axes and pivot points of models, really changes the approach to making good models for SH3D.

Actually I started editing the SVG stuff using proper SVG figures and also changing pressentation slightly now that I know a bit more about SVG paths (and maybe ditching .pdf for proper .html to stick with the non-proprietary approach). Thought of adding something about
- multiple light sources,
- illustrations on window/door properties (sashes/wall distance),
- how to simplify models using your 261 approach,
- and maybe something about Ceciliabr's interesting high-res testing in thread 8292 (but advanced use of lights and optical density may be more in the realm of the rendering/light experts),
- obj g/o prefix sweethome3d_window_mirror and now a full catalogue of excitig new prefixes,
- possibly also price information depending on where 6.0 goes - do not think I want to mention that until I know it will bepart of the default interface (even if it is fully available for advanced users already),
- and maybe mention something about Home.xml. For anyone having edited .xml before, it really is a super fast way of changing furniture properties directly without the FurniturePropertyCatalogue detour.

That said - I will be happy to sum up notes into the mini-guide as a reference (which basically is what it is), if anyone has wishes for putting other cheat-sheets into the manual...

Anyway, I am always surprised when I see your priorities for SH3D development. Good news is that they are always pleasant surprises... I really did not see the 6.0 features coming...

Thanks and good luck with the rest of the implementation.

ok

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 9, 2018, 4:57:11 PM
@Puybaret

The issue on the latest is that the light sources associated with the 3D model won't rotate themselves, but I have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too.
If it works it would be nice. Otherwise, the number of articulated lights is limited at the moment.

About your test on the Slider window, this shouldn't happen simply because the windows of this model aren't supposed to go beyond the frame!
I realized this by observing the object in detail and comparing with reality. Would it be possible for the opening to be stopped by the frame?
For a pocket door , we can find a trick to integrate it into the wall.
EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 9, 2018, 10:04:59 PM
Okh, you seem to have plenty of ideas to occupy your long nights of the next winter wink

Enkonyito, I didn't succeed to make the articulated light work yet, but will continue to try.

Would it be possible for the opening to be stopped by the frame?
I have a few ideas about how to set bounds on rotations and translations, but I don't think it will appear before the final release of version 6.0.

Posted by ndorigatti at Jul 10, 2018, 8:05:22 AM
Is one if this ideas involving the stash angle that can be set when creating a door in forniture catalog?

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 10, 2018, 11:29:40 AM
I had the idea to reuse the sash angles set in furniture properties, but most of the time these angles don't reflect the reality, because you can actually open some windows wider than these angles. And using this data could lead to complicated algorithms when the 3D model contains some already opened sashes, like in the open door models.
I had a simpler idea in mind with additional naming conventions that would cite the bounds that should be applied to the openings. Future will tell and I prefer to focus on other features for version 6.0 at the moment.

Posted by ndorigatti at Jul 11, 2018, 2:22:17 PM
I tryed to play with openable doors and windows, but I have a couple of issues, some on my side, some on other sides:

1 - I'm not enough good with blender to understand how and where to add the cilinders to make parts slide (but I'm learning blender)
2 - I know that paramters can be set on a text editor, but I've a lot of issues with furniture library editor, which is crashing and having weird behaviour on my OSX computer (High Sierra). When I add or remove something it becomes unusable or adds things more than once, and since I have a couple of libraries that are working and the editor can't elaborate, I'm a bit stuck on this.

I have a thing with source code of the editor but I've seen it is based on whole SweetHome and build script are Ant ( Right?) based... I need some more time to reach that !

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 13, 2018, 2:30:56 PM
Today, the Beta 3 allows to compute the orientation of light sources bound to the part(s) of a light able to rotate or translate.

It also introduces the two following prefixes for simple ball-arm joints:
sweethome3d_ball_
sweethome3d_arm_on_ball_
these prefixes are used in the light sources of the track lights to give more freedom on lights rotations.

To let you run tests on orientable lights as well as on more doors and windows with movable parts, I finally updated the Kator Legaz and Scopia SH3F libraries, that you can download with these temporary links:
3DModels-KatorLegaz-1.6.4.beta.zip
3DModels-Scopia-1.6.4.beta.zip

Posted by rontant at Jul 14, 2018, 5:35:58 AM
Emmanuel, I tried the Beta3 and it is unable to render my human characters. Their textures are lost.

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 14, 2018, 12:14:23 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'm astonished by your report because I didn't change anything on textures management.
Please, send me a simple SH3D file showing your issue.

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 14, 2018, 1:04:56 PM
The light sources of the articulated lights follow the changes well.

Would it be possible to highlight the moving parts or the rotation/translation axes in the 3D preview as for the material changes?
EnkoNyito

Posted by rontant at Jul 14, 2018, 2:05:05 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'm astonished by your report because I didn't change anything on textures management.
Please, send me a simple SH3D file showing your issue.

Emmanuel, I have sent you via email the file. It's 8MB in size though. I hope the mail gets through.

Thanks.

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 14, 2018, 7:38:24 PM
Thanks for your SH3D file. I tried it under Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta and 5.7 and it won't show the textures on the human character it contains. But as the MTL file in the SH3D file doesn't reference any texture, it's normal.
On the other side, I tried to import a 3D model with textures like Reallusion ones and it worked without problem.

Posted by rontant at Jul 15, 2018, 1:46:27 AM
Hi Emmanuel, why is it there is no problem when I open the same file with version 5.7? The texture loads just fine in 5.7.

Can you please check again. Open the sh3f file I sent you again. Double click on the human model then clcik on the material modify button. You will see the texture is already attached there (at least on my Win 10 computer).

By the way, when I tried to change the texture by clicking on the texture box, nothing happens.

Again, I can open this same file with 5.7 and there is no problem.

Posted by rontant at Jul 15, 2018, 2:02:18 AM
Hi again Emmanuel, I have sent you the texture of the character model in JPEG format.

I am aware that the model dodesn't have MTL file but with 5.7 I could just modify the material and attach a texture to it once. Afterward, everytime I open the file in 5.7, all the character models will load the attached textures just fine.

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 15, 2018, 11:52:03 AM
Sorry, I didn't think that you could set the character texture afterwards.
Anyway, your problem must come from the huge texture you used while running Sweeet Home 3D 6.0 Beta in 32 bit (see in About dialog). 8192x8192 pixels x 4 color bytes per pixel = 256 MB in RAM, just for that image!
If you look at Java console, you'll see some OutOfMemoryErrors, and in that state, the program behavior may become inconsistent. So either you reimport your texture image at a smaller size, or you try to run the Beta version with Java 64 bit.

Posted by rontant at Jul 15, 2018, 2:04:23 PM
... try to run the Beta version with Java 64 bit.

Yeah.... it works! Thanks.

I removed the 32bit Java and installed the 64bit version. The texture of the character loads fine now on Beta 3.

....8192x8192 pixels x 4 bytes per color = 256 MB in RAM, just for that image!

Thanks. She is indeed a big woman. I'll do something about her size.

Sorry, I didn't think that you could set the character texture afterwards.

Well, I could. SH3D treats all human characters as furnitures. They are afterall imported as OBJ files. I can change their textures from within SH3D. Easy. No problem.

Again, thanks Emmanuel

Posted by okh at Jul 15, 2018, 6:45:17 PM
smile Winner? Sweet Home 3D team, of course!
smile

Posted by VeroniQ at Jul 15, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
Yes !!!

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 15, 2018, 10:28:56 PM
On est, on est, on est les champions ! smile cool

Posted by rontant at Jul 16, 2018, 12:43:08 AM
When I clicked on the Photo-Video Rendering menu option, it gives incompatible version message for the plugin, so I just clicked on the camera icon instead.

Here is the comparison:

Beta.

Compare the light outside the window on the RIGHT handside. I think 5.7 is better.

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 20, 2018, 5:06:12 PM
The Beta 4 brings some more expected features than articulated mannequins and opening doors wink
- First, objects placed at an underground level now individually dig the ground when they belong to a group (see Holes in the ground thread).

- It's possible to select more than a material in the list shown in materials modification pane to change faster a group of materials that should look the same. Multi selection can be done with the shift key for a single interval, and with ctrl / shift ctrl keys to select/unselect an individual material (cmd / shift cmd keys under macOS).

- All spinners showing numbers are able to compute the math formula you'll enter, except for lengths using foot/inch/fraction notation.

If the value can't be computed, the text of the spinner will be displayed in red. The result of the formula replaces the entered text as soon as the focus is transferred to an other field. The syntax of the formulas supports the operators + - * / ^ (power) and the functions LN, LOG, EXP, SQR, SQRT, COS, SIN, TAN, ARCCOS, ARCSIN, ARCTAN. It isn't case sensitive and functions may be followed directly by a number without any brackets (except of course if you want to change the priority of a part of the calculus).
This feature was programmed with a simplified version of JeksParser, a library I programmed a long time ago.

- Prices can now be entered in the furniture modification pane

once you chose a currency with a new drop down list available in the preferences pane

As the previous images show, it's also possible to activate VAT management (or more generally any tax percentage that should apply to the price), if you want or need to show the difference between price without tax and price with tax included. When this option is selected, the furniture modification proposes a default 20% VAT value as soon as you enter a price. You may change this percentage, and the new % value will be reused for next price change.

Total price, and Total VAT with Total VAT included values appears at the bottom of the furniture list, as soon as a currency is selected in the preferences pane (only Total price appears if the Use VAT preference is unselected).
The furniture list may also display the price, the VAT %, the VAT and the price VAT included of each piece, if you request to display the matching columns with Furniture > Display column menu.

These columns and the Price / VAT % fields of the furniture modification pane are available only when a currency is selected in the preferences pane.
If you don't want to use prices, simply choose the option Ignore price in the preferences pane (or leave it unchanged).

Each time the price of a piece of furniture is set or changed, its associated currency is set from the currency currently selected in the preferences pane. This allows to use different currencies in the same project (in which case the totals below the furniture list are blank), and more likely, to distribute a SH3D file to other people without worrying about the currency they use.
Note that currency symbols like $, €, £, ¥... are used only when it's the symbol used in your language and country, otherwise the three letters currency code is generally used. For example, USD will appear instead of the $ symbol if the application is used in Europe, and US$ will appear in Canada.

I hope you'll like how I managed prices and currencies in Sweet Home 3D, even if this beta may not have resolved some subjects, like the prices of services and other things different from furniture. Are there some cases when using dummy furniture could be an unacceptable workaround? I wondered also if negative prices should be accepted for rebates, and if printings should include totals, since furniture prices can already be exported to CSV or to the clipboard. Please, test these new features and post your suggestions.

Rontant, the Photo-Video Rendering and the default photo creation option in Sweet Home 3D can give different results. Sorry, it's not the right thread to discuss about that subject, as you can't compare the results of the two tools in Sweet Home 3D Beta.

Posted by bdfd at Jul 20, 2018, 7:37:58 PM
AMAZING ! love struck

Prices and VAT included, bravo Manu ! applause

Tested and approved at home today.

Here is a semi-pro 6.0 !

smile

Posted by ndorigatti at Jul 20, 2018, 9:40:35 PM
Math functions!?

That's gold! Uncountable times I tried to put formulas and only after, remembering that wasnt supported!

6.0 is becoming gold!

Posted by hansmex at Jul 21, 2018, 10:36:28 AM
Emmanuel,

Awesome work, once again!! Thank you very much!!

I did a few quick tests with prices and export to CSV, and came across a few problems.
Dimensions are exported as values when whole numbers, but as text when there is a decimal involved.
All prices are exported as text, which (when importing into a spreadsheet) means that you have to manually enter all prices again in order to be able to do any calculations.

My suggestions:
- all dimensions should be exported as numerical values
- all prices should be exported as numerical values, without the currency symbol, OR with the currency symbol separated with a delimiter, so that price and currency symbol end up in different columns.

Hans
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance

Posted by okh at Jul 21, 2018, 11:19:36 AM
Fantastic features! Looking forward to testing once reunited with a decent internet connection. ok

Posted by ndorigatti at Jul 23, 2018, 3:10:44 PM
I have a question for you Puybaret...
Did you already tried/programmed/planned to support multi hinges on a single element?
I mean, my windows and door windows can be opened in classi way (let's say rotate around vertical hinges) but can also be turned a bit rotating around horizontal hinges (on bottom) so a little fresh air can come in.
Do you think I can put both vertical and horizontal hinges on a window and see it turn? I'm trying to do it but I'm not so good in blender and in understanding the prefixes (my old models where a single element, not separated into groups)

Posted by Puybaret at Jul 24, 2018, 3:34:59 AM
Thanks all for your feedback.

Hans, numbers use the same decimal separator as in Sweet Home 3D, so it depends on the selected language. Prices and % look very similar to how Excel exports to CSV too.
Keep in mind that CSV is a very poor format: it doesn't store the character encoding in use, doesn't oblige to use a coma or a point, doesn't state how numbers like prices should be formatted...
Just open a CSV file with a text editor and you'll see it's just some lines with data separated by tabs.

ndorigatti, multi hinges aren't supported and I don't plan to add support for that. It would require to organize 3D shapes very differently in the program.

Posted by Larz2 at Jul 31, 2018, 12:54:28 PM
Prices was what I was missing in former versions - Great work, thanks!

Though I agree with Hansmex, that it would be great if prices could be exported to CSV without currency, so numbers could be calculated in a spreadsheet.

Thanks, Best regards,
Larz2

Posted by Puybaret at Aug 1, 2018, 10:01:00 PM
After some additional tests, I noticed that prices followed by user's currency and percentages are correctly interpreted as numbers by Excel and OpenOffice when the CSV file is imported.
So I don't think there's a need to change the current format, moreover in case the currency is needed during a CSV import.
I'm more concerned by the encoding of the CSV file. At the moment, the encoding in use is the default one on the system where the the furniture list is exported. I propose to switch to the more versatile UTF-8 encoding to avoid problems between systems and if ever you need to choose another encoding, I'll add a system property for this purpose.

Posted by bdfd at Aug 2, 2018, 5:59:13 AM
+1

No problem at home !

wink

Posted by VeroniQ at Aug 2, 2018, 10:29:33 PM
By the way, this new feature
... I plan to improve the Material modification dialog box by allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
is very very practical and save much time!

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Aug 3, 2018, 4:54:13 AM
By the way, this new feature
... I plan to improve the Material modification dialog box by allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
is very very practical and save much time!

Confirmed! This will be a highlight in the new version! SH3D 6.0 is one small step for Emmanuel (of course I know it's a lot of work and effort), but a big leap for mankind!
Pascal

SH3D 6.4.2 / Ubuntu 20.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x

Posted by YGYL at Aug 13, 2018, 8:59:30 AM
Great work!!!!!!

I have an idea.
Can allow the furniture library to support the merging of multiple objects to form a new 1 object without increasing the file size of the furniture library
For example, multiple identical chairs and a dining table are grouped together.A variety of placement and color matching,File space occupying only 1 chairs and 1 tables

Posted by rontant at Aug 13, 2018, 12:48:31 PM
I ran this beta version before on my Win 10 machine. Now it won't run anymore. Here is the log content:

Java Web Start 13.0.2.0
Using JRE version 10.0.2+13 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
JRE expiration date: 16/11/18, 12:00 AM
User home directory = C:\Users\Xxxxx
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Warning: Java Web Start and Java Plug-in are deprecated and will be considered for removal in a future Java release. Please contact the developer of this content "PUYBARET EMMANUEL" and request an update for this program.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.

Posted by Puybaret at Aug 13, 2018, 1:43:44 PM
I’m not sure it can run with Java 10. Could you uninstall Java 10 and try with Java 8?

Posted by rontant at Aug 14, 2018, 1:03:47 PM
I’m not sure it can run with Java 10. Could you uninstall Java 10 and try with Java 8?

Yes, I uninstalled Java 10 and tried Java 8. It works but the photo rendering option is now broken. I'll stick to 5.7 for now.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 2, 2018, 5:50:39 PM
Today, the Beta 5 brings the following features:
- A new indicator displayed in the middle of the selected wall to easily change its arc extent without the need to guess the right angle.

This should make it easier to create walls with smooth transitions, for example to create garden areas or round swimming pools.

- The ability to enter texts on multiple lines with options to align them.

When text alignment is set to Left, the rotation center will be at bottom left of the selected text, and when text alignment is set to Right, the rotation center will be at its bottom right.

- New Plan > Flip horizontally and Plan > Flip vertically menu items to flip the selected items around a vertical or horizontal axis. I hope you'll agree with the logic programmed to compute the symmetry of texts and furniture/room labels.

As announced previously, I also forced the encoding of exported CSV files to UTF-8 on all systems.
Finally, I tried to optimize how 3D walls are updated when doors and windows are changed, and slowdowns should be less present in case of a complex home with many walls and doors and windows.

Posted by okh at Sep 5, 2018, 4:30:17 PM
Thanks for great, new features. Multiple line text will be very useful.

So far there have been no problems with the beta versions, but then, you really have added lots of stuff to consider smile All nice. Head still spinning with all the new .obj group names. Will take some time to digest and test.

ok

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 5, 2018, 9:32:50 PM
Tonight, the Beta 6 fixes two old problems reported by Ceciliabr and Okh:
- it fixes how objects very close and very far are displayed in Sweet Home 3D.
- it also fixes how sky texture are displayed in the 3D view, in such a way it now shows the same image in SunFlow rendering engine, as (logically) requested here. Compared to previous versions, this fix will display sky textures a little differently in the 3D view, and I hope you won't mind this change.

Okh and ndorigatti, I hope you'll be able to test .obj modifications to handle openings. Don't hesitate to request some help.

Posted by YGYL at Sep 6, 2018, 7:17:55 PM
I have tested it.
I have tested it.
5.7 sky box algorithm is wrong.
6.0B6's sky box algorithm is correct.
But 5.7 can support 16K sky box Texture.(17430X4322 pixel)
6.0B6 can only support 8K sky box Texture.
8K's sky box is not clear enough.Need to support 16K

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=x2c6aem43yv1zifyu2p.png

5.7 sky box algorithm is wrong.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xy4ad7ef4exdygqzm85wn.png

6.0B6's sky box algorithm is correct.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xee7jyye2ba21y635.png

6.0B6 Do not support 16K sky box Texture.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xytp4ekdkit6kyenk4pd.png

Partial panorama

Posted by YGYL at Sep 6, 2018, 8:06:55 PM
Scan panorama Like this
[img]https://img.overpic.net/thumbs/8/s/i/x8sind7gr8pvf7edzshq9_s.png[/img]
This picture is 220 degrees.
Set the arc wall to 220 degrees.
Set the texture to the appropriate size

----------------------
However,in Sweet Home 3D. the radian of the wall should not exceed 270 degrees. I hope the author can change to 360 degrees.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 6, 2018, 9:07:54 PM
Thanks for your tests.
I wouldn't worry about the large image you couldn't render. It's probably because you launched SweetHome3D.6.0.beta.jnlp with javaws.exe 32 bit. If you run it with javaws.exe 64 bit, it won't fail.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 10, 2018, 7:40:00 PM
Today, the Beta 7 brings various features requested by users:
- Resizing the selected piece of furniture can be forced along only its width or depth when Ctrl shortcut (alt under macOS) is pressed
- The list of video formats were updated with 2.40:1 ratio formats, and HD resolutions
- The column widths are now saved and restored at home opening
- I added the menu items Plan > Make level the only viewable one and Plan > Make all levels viewable
- As soon as a home has some levels, all menu items related to levels are now available in a separated contextual menu displayed on level tabs.

- I added the X offset and Y offset spinners to the texture modification dialog box. These attributes let you set how the selected texture should be shifted along its width and height. The values are expressed in percentage of the width or the height of the texture.

When this dialog box is displayed to choose the sky texture, only the X offset spinner is displayed to let you shift the sky image.

Hope you'll like these new features and how I programmed them. Don't hesitate to request some adjustments if needed. I'll study them closely...

Posted by okh at Sep 10, 2018, 9:36:48 PM
..dialog box is displayed to choose the sky texture, only the X offset spinner is displayed to let you shift the sky image...
That makes today's wisth redundant smile and I suppose request 879 too. This really is a great improvement. As are many of the other new features, but now development is faster than it is possible to test...

But the sky offset really works beautifully. Better than I hoped for this morning.

Thanks and congratulations. And no glitches in my somewhat random testing.

ok

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 10, 2018, 11:16:15 PM
Great you like it smile
I know that you proposed an angle for the sky texture offset, but using a percentage seems more versatile in other cases, and isn’t too difficult to convert from degrees : 180° = 50%, 90° = 25%, 45° = 12.5%,...

Posted by ndorigatti at Sep 11, 2018, 8:33:10 AM
Great you like it smile
I know that you proposed an angle for the sky texture offset, but using a percentage seems more versatile in other cases, and isn’t too difficult to convert from degrees : 180° = 50%, 90° = 25%, 45° = 12.5%,...

What about adding this as hint/popover of the slider?
A lot of information are among the forum but very difficult to find or imagine in the app. And this is really important, not everyone is following the forum unfortunately

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 11, 2018, 8:33:55 AM
The Beta 8 just contains a quick fix I forgot in the texture choice dialog box.

Posted by YGYL at Sep 11, 2018, 9:02:50 AM
1.Sky texture Do not support 16K
2.Sky texture may get stuck after multiple settings.It is recommended to add a preview graph to the texture of 4K 8K 16K, otherwise it will affect the speed very much.

3. I suggest that an 'Apply' button should be added to the XY offset set window.So that users can see changes immediately.
4.It is recommended to add the function of changing texture color(Hue) and texture transparency. Very convenient.
5.I suggest changing the image preview size of the texture settings window from 128X128 to 256X256 or 512X512.
128 is too small to see the difference

Posted by okh at Sep 11, 2018, 10:11:50 AM
My only little problem now, is that my list of imported test textures has become ridiculous. Among a few good ones, there are many hundred totally useless, experimental images. smile It would be great if the texture import wizard had a check- box NOT saving an imported texture (other than in the .sh3d file) - like furniture.
..proposed an angle for the sky texture offset, but using a percentage seems more versatile in other cases...
Interesting interface issue considering some recent threads, e.g. Cec' brilliant guide in thread 8832, the Azure home, thread 8828 - and whether to use the compass to 'simulate'. People use different references for orientation and how they see the world. Whether to keep a map North up, or turn the map to align with terrain. Cec' template measures degrees from the point of view of the virtual visitor, whereas I need the compass orientation to read the 3D view.

Even if I in theory would prefer a degree angle sky texture, in practice conversion is easy and it makes no difference. And since percentage is more consistent with other textures and probably easier and more intuitive to use in normal cases, percentage is probably a better interface choice. (But if possible, I agree with ndorigatti that a hint could be a good idea.) And never mind the measure, the important thing is the function that works very well. Thanks again.
<texture attribute='skyTexture' xOffset='0.20833' .../>
<compass northDirection='1.3089969' .../>
<observerCamera yaw='1.3089969' pitch='-0.16801324' .../>
<camera yaw='4.456615' pitch='0.0' .../>
<pieceOfFurniture angle='1.3089969'...'/>

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 11, 2018, 8:51:38 PM
Great things are happening here! smile
I have finally been able to test this, and I can't wait to get my hands on the final version (or a non-web-start beta version).
It won't display any of my projects, but I managed to play a bit and create a small object or whatchamacallit – to utilize the sky offset spinner:
With sky offset, this joint will no longer be something I have to use time on :

My first project with v6 Beta8: Horizontal_Scale.sh3d It's not perfect, but it works.

... and the new colour palette is perfect smile

Question:
I use curved walls a lot when creating models, and I make custom textures for them. Of course I can open my calculator and calculate the length, which is what I do, but caould the math be included in the modify walls window?
(And it would be great if we could curve a wall 360° )

Great work!

Cecilia

Posted by okh at Sep 12, 2018, 11:39:57 AM
Very good, great features.

But I have a problem with Add point to room. It just sort of stops at the context menu item, and no point is created when context menu closes. Context menu still has highlight on Add point to room when context menu is opened again.

Could someone check whether it is just me?

ok

Posted by VeroniQ at Sep 12, 2018, 2:17:41 PM
Could someone check whether it is just me?
Same for me. And "Delete point from room" has also no effect...

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 15, 2018, 12:08:55 AM
Thanks for your feedback and reporting the issue in the Plan contextual menu. It's fixed in the Beta 9 which brings also the following two new features :
- It's now possible to view the background image set at ground level in the 3D view too, by selecting the new check box Background image visible in 3D view in the 3D view modification dialog box.

- Each polyline may also be viewed in the 3D view with a new check box in its modification dialog. When the polyline uses a dash style, you can set an offset too, to shift the starting of the dash pattern.

These features are probably the last ones with user interface items that will appear in the coming version 6.0, so I can start to ask our great contributors to translate the new texts before considering a final release.

Posted by bdfd at Sep 15, 2018, 6:38:20 AM
confused   Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Hi,

Everybody Didn't see that the used compass was 'wrong' since few weeks ! biggrin

A personal compass taken in my hands tell us that (like e.g. below) :

North = 0°,
East = 90°,
South = 180° and
West = 270°.

What is the Reason ? confused

Regards,
bdfd.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 15, 2018, 9:11:48 AM
Bdfd, the compass shown in Sweet Home 3D plan doesn’t show any angle.
And the X offset field of the sky texture lets the user shift that texture on the basis that the left border of the texture image will appear at the East for an offset and a compass angle both equal to 0. It could have been a better idea to consider that the left border of the sky texture is at North when its offset is equal to 0, but that would break the compatibility of previous SH3D files. I’ll see if I can add a N to indicate the North on the texture image preview to help users understand this.

Posted by bdfd at Sep 15, 2018, 9:25:45 AM
Bdfd, the compass shown in Sweet Home 3D plan doesn’t show any angle.
Update !

Wrong, remember this with the option 'update compass' :

I repeat for newbies : It's good with sh3d.
wink

Posted by YGYL at Sep 15, 2018, 11:28:57 AM
Beta 9

Very useful!!!

I think
1.we should add dimensions annotations to functions that can be displayed in the 3D view.
2.Polyline can be displayed 'vertical' in 3D view like 'text'

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 15, 2018, 12:35:22 PM
Bdfd, I think I understand what you mean now: Cecilia's Horizontal_Scale.sh3d test and other sky textures showing angles that she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North.
Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
By the way, to answer to your proposals, I shall add the middle length of a curved wall somewhere, but I don't think I will allow to curve a wall at 360°, because such a wall would have to start and end at the same point making its handling hardly usable in some cases.
But note that from version 6.0, you can spread a 360° texture along two walls attached to each other with an arc extent of 180°, by setting an X offset of 50% on the texture of one of the two walls (see example attached to this post).

During this test, I noticed that the texture coordinates along curved walls are not exact, because they don't take into account the thickness of the wall, meaning that the width of the texture applied on a curved wall is correct only for walls with a thickness equal to 0 (something that can't happen). Maybe if I should fix that, but that will change a little bit how textured curved walls in existing files are rendered...

YGYL, maybe I'll add dimensions in the 3D view one day, but I'm not sure it's so useful, and there's even no Dimension line modification dialog box yet!
I thought about displaying polylines vertically too, but this would imply to have also a global angle on each poyline (like for text), and this idea looked too weird for me.
Attachment RoundWallsWith360Texture.sh3d (358789 bytes) (Download count: 743) (Test of a 360° texture applied on round walls showing a full circle)

Posted by okh at Sep 15, 2018, 4:01:12 PM
.. she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North....
Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
I think that is what Cec kindly tried to explain in the Azure home thread (8828) = view of Virtual visitor. Totally in sync with recent research and 2014 Nobel prize in medicine. Do you hold the map with North up or align it with the terrain...? While I see it can be a bit confusing with Virtual visitor looking South, Sky texture defaulting to East (with Compass unchanged), I reallyn do not think it matters much.

All these new features are brilliant. Showing the Background image in the 3D view, opens up some very interesting possibilities. Thanks.

ok

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 15, 2018, 4:12:11 PM
Cecilia's Horizontal_Scale.sh3d test and other sky textures showing angles that she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North. Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
Yes.
It's not a compass!(That's why I named it a scale.)
The degrees reflects the body angle of the camera.
Enter zero for body angle , and the scale will point to zero.
Enter any other angle, and the scale will follow.

But note that from version 6.0, you can spread a 360° texture along two walls attached to each other with an arc extent of 180°, by setting an X offset of 50% on the texture of one of the two walls (see example attached to this post).
Cool!
Will there also be a vertical offset for wall textures?

meaning that the width of the texture applied on a curved wall is correct only for walls with a thickness equal to 0 (something that can't happen)
But 0.1 is not far from zero :)

Cec

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 15, 2018, 4:44:49 PM
Thanks for the details about how you set angles in your sky textures.
Will there also be a vertical offset for wall textures?
The vertical Y offset is available for all textures except for the sky texture.

YGYL, the fact that a polyline is displayed in the 3D view is actually stored in an elevation attribute which value can't be set in the user interface at this moment (but you can try it in the Home.xml entry), because I can't think of an application of a polyline with an elevation > 0 which would float in the air. Give me some real examples and I'll study them.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 15, 2018, 5:24:58 PM
My intention was to convert percentage to degrees.

Maybe this version is easier to understand :

Horizontal_Scale_Mv.sh3d

Cec

Posted by bdfd at Sep 15, 2018, 6:00:29 PM
@Manu : I predict that this nextly 6.0 will be great ! wink

Posted by YGYL at Sep 16, 2018, 4:40:48 PM

YGYL, the fact that a polyline is displayed in the 3D view is actually stored in an elevation attribute which value can't be set in the user interface at this moment (but you can try it in the Home.xml entry), because I can't think of an application of a polyline with an elevation > 0 which would float in the air. Give me some real examples and I'll study them.

The significance of 'Polyline vertical in 3D view' is that communication is more convenient when showing to multiple people.

LED roll word screen,Sometimes it will include multiple lines of text.

However, multiple lines of text are overlapped and cannot be changed Angle or height at the same time.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 16, 2018, 5:52:27 PM
YGYL, please preview your posts, you'll see that images don't appear in them because you use links to the page that views an image and not the link to the image that the page contains.
Your first use case is interesting but handling such a polyline in 2D will be too complicated.

Posted by YGYL at Sep 17, 2018, 2:49:13 AM
YGYL, please preview your posts, you'll see that images don't appear in them because you use links to the page that views an image and not the link to the image that the page contains.
Your first use case is interesting but handling such a polyline in 2D will be too complicated.

The significance of 'Polyline vertical in 3D view' is that communication is more convenient when showing to multiple people.

LED roll word screen,Sometimes it will include multiple lines of text.

However, multiple lines of text are overlapped and cannot be changed Angle or height at the same time.

With multiple different heights, it is difficult to choose the one you want to change.
Overlapping objects can be changed to click on the mouse to change to the lower layer.

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 17, 2018, 10:05:06 PM
@Puybaret
These features are probably the last ones with user interface items that will appear in the coming version 6.0, so I can start to ask our great contributors to translate the new texts before considering a final release.

As in the Beta9 there is no item to modify the new VIDEO_SPEED property , I suppose it will only be accessible by a plug-in or a derived version of SH3D?
EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 17, 2018, 11:43:18 PM
It’s good to know that some of you follow code changes too wink
You’re right, I added a videoSpeed attribute (in m/s) to home environment this weekend and made it available in Beta 10 tonight. I also completed outline 3D drawing with a new System property com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode that can be set to false if you want Sweet Home 3D to take into accout the drawingMode attribute.
As I didn’t request help for translations yet, maybe I could add some Speed and Frame rate fields below Video format in Video pane, without making it too crowded. Or wait for a future version, in particular because more development might be required to manage the localization of the speed unit for our American friends... anyway, feel free to use it in your plugin and for other users, to set the speed in the Home.xml entry.

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 18, 2018, 5:06:54 AM
It is better to be aware of source code changes to files used by a plug-in to ensure compatibility with future versions of Sweet Home 3D.

This may be due to the #IMPLIED value but the videoSpeed attribute is not visible in the Home.xml file when saving as an old file or creating a new video path with the Beta10.
By adding the videoSpeed attribute in the Home.xml file with a different value from the default one, the speed of movement is slower or faster and therefore the number of images bigger or smaller which increases or decreases the duration of the rendering for a frame rate of 25.

By adding the system property
<property name='com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode' value='false'/>
and the environment attibut
<environment ... drawingMode='OUTLINE' .../>
there is no change in 3D drawing mode , probably due to unauthorized access in Java Web Start.
EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 18, 2018, 7:47:34 PM
I set videoSpeed attribute to #IMPLIED because the default speed is 2.4 km/h, i.e. 2/3 or the long 0.66666666666666... value.
But maybe I could simplify as 0.667...

By adding the system property
<property name='com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode' value='false'/>
[...]

By System property, I meant the java option:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode=false
or a call to System.setProperty
(if you want to try with the Beta version, you'll have to build the JAR executable version).

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 18, 2018, 10:35:02 PM
if you want to try with the Beta version, you'll have to build the JAR executable version

I usually use a version of the available source code to build an executable JAR version from the build.xml.
In the README.TXT , it is indicated that we can also download the source code with an SVN command but how to do?
EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 18, 2018, 11:40:03 PM
As the tag for 6.0 wasn't set on source code yet, you should use the following command to get the current source code:

If svn isn't installed on your computer, I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of helpful documentation on the web.

If you want to set some System properties when running a JAR executable, you should cite the -D option before the -jar option like in:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode=false -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-6.0.jar

Caution!! I generally make some tests before committing changes, but during development, source code may still contain some major bug fixes.

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 19, 2018, 5:28:51 PM
The drawing modes (FILL, OUTLINE, FILL_AND_OUTLINE) are well taken into account for 3D offscreen images (Quality 1 and 2) but not by the Sunflow rendering engine (Quality 3 and 4).

EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 19, 2018, 8:39:41 PM
Thanks for your tests. I updated the program to ignore the drawing mode in SunFlow and in OBJ export.
I also renamed com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode as com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.drawingModeEnabled that has to be set to true instead of false.

No idea if I'll go further one day with this drawing mode, handling big designs in OUTLINE mode doesn't even seem to be faster.

Posted by hansmex at Sep 22, 2018, 1:33:10 PM
Hi Emmanuel,

Ubuntu keeps changing things, whether for better or worse, I am not sure.

SH3D-5.7 is offered in the software store: it installs and runs without any problem. However... if you look at the installation, it is very different from the "old" installation, where you only had to unzip the downloaded file. There are 3 hidden eteks/SH directories, and it is not clear which does what. Using trial and error, I found the directory where I have to place plug-ins and libraries.

These days, Ubuntu uses the SNAP packaging system. The good news is that this package should work for all Ubuntu/Mint/Linux versions that support SNAP.

Is it possible to provide v6.0 as a SNAP package for all Ubuntu users?
Is it also possible to include the XmX trick, so that we can increase memory? I have searched all hidden directories, but cannot find a script that has this entry.

Of course it would be even better, if you could find a way in which Ubuntu users get back the ease of use that we had before. That way we could also try out the beta versions, which now, sadly, is not possible.

For your info: I have tried every possible way to install SH3D, using either the original script, or the special Java-1.5 script, nothing works. I have tried every tutorial I found on the internet: nothing works. I have tried to run the betas with Oracle Java v5, v6, v7 and v8: nothing works.

Thanks you in advance!

Hans

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Sep 22, 2018, 5:28:31 PM
Hans, try to start SH3D from the terminal...
Pascal

Posted by hansmex at Sep 22, 2018, 5:48:35 PM
Birdy,

Many, if not most of the online solutions involve using the terminal. Believe me, I've tried every solution that seemed halfway reasonable...

Open to new suggestions!!!

H

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Sep 22, 2018, 5:54:00 PM
In my sh3d.desktop file this is what I patched together from many suggestions and this is working on my Ubuntu 18.04:

Exec=sh -c "/usr/share/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2" %U

"/usr/share/SweetHome3D/" is the path where SH3D is installed.
Pascal

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 22, 2018, 9:49:36 PM
Tonight, the Beta 11 gets closer to the final release even if translation process may slow down its arrival...
It brings some various improvements like:
- the ability of total price labels displayed under the furniture list to stack on each other if there's not enough space to display their content.
Enough space:

Not enough space:

- a tooltip associated to the Arc extent field in Wall dialog box, to display the length of the middle arc of a wall when its arc extent is not 0

- the ability to enter a minimum height of 0 for sloping walls
- the support of ARM 64bit Windows in Sweet Home 3D installer as proposed by arm64appcompatguy
- the ability to select 32 bit or 64 bit architecture in Windows installer user interface when it's run under Windows 64 bit, without the need to use /os.arch and /j3d.version options from the command line (these options are still available if needed).

Under Windows 10 64 bit, the 32 bit option is selected by default in the hope it will solve the problems of people who can't run Sweet Home 3D. So, pay attention to this option if you want to run Sweet Home 3D 64 bit under Windows 10.
- Under Mac OS X, Sweet Home 3D DMG installer comes with a private copy of Java 8 to avoid being obliged to install Apple Java 6.

This Beta version brings also some important bug fixes:
- furniture and texture libraries loading under Java 10 now works (thanks to Jiri Slaby's suggestion)
- HiDPI screens are much better supported under Java 8 without the requirement to define a scale and change Swing look and feel. System property com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale is still supported if you want to apply an additional scale to Sweet Home 3D user interface.

Finally, to allow you to test the features bound to installers, here are some Beta versions you can download and test:
- Windows installer: see updated Beta 12 version
- Mac OS X installer: SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11-macosx.dmg (66 MB)
- Linux 64bit installer: SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11-linux-x64.tgz (65 MB)

Hans, I hope that version will work for you!

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Sep 23, 2018, 1:25:10 AM
Beta 11 only starts like described in my last post (Ubuntu 18.04). And a hundred times longer loading times than in 5.7 (for my biggest project it takes hours...).
Pascal

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Sep 23, 2018, 11:59:45 AM
(for my biggest project it takes hours...)

Sorry, this was my fault. I forgot to increase the value for the max usable memory...
Pascal

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 23, 2018, 1:43:14 PM
Sorry, this was my fault. I forgot to increase the value for the max usable memory...

How did you do that?
None of my old projects works.

Cec

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 23, 2018, 2:09:40 PM
Cec, in the macOS version based on Java 8, edit the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/Java subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and set the maximum memory in a line -Xmx set after the line [JVMUserOptions], writing for example -Xmx6g for 6 GB.
If the SweetHome3D.cfg file is protected, run a command like
sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Java/SweetHome3D.cfg
in a Terminal window.

Posted by hansmex at Sep 23, 2018, 2:29:51 PM
Emmanuel,

I'm sorry to report that I can't get this version to work.

H

Posted by bdfd at Sep 23, 2018, 6:01:51 PM
None problem for me ! wink

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 23, 2018, 7:30:49 PM

Under Windows 10 64 bit, the 32 bit option is selected by default in the hope it will solve the problems of people who can't run Sweet Home 3D. So, pay attention to this option if you want to run Sweet Home 3D 64 bit under Windows 10.

Under my Windows 10 64 bit, Sweet Home 3D version 6.0 (x64) is installed directly in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)" without possibility to choose the architecture if Sweet Home 3D version 5.7 (x64) is already present in the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" directory.
EnkoNyito

Posted by YGYL at Sep 23, 2018, 8:08:24 PM
Tonight, the Beta 11

If there is an old version, there will be no 32BIT/64BIT option.

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 24, 2018, 1:03:46 AM
Thanks for your tests. I updated Windows installer to always display the installation folder screen with an additional option to uninstall the previously installed version.
Download it from SweetHome3D-6.0.beta12-windows.exe (51 MB)

Posted by bdfd at Sep 24, 2018, 5:49:56 AM

Good idea for newbies ! biggrin

None problem for me with this beta 12 ! wink

Posted by YGYL at Sep 24, 2018, 10:30:23 AM

I think of an important thing
In the software setup interface or software installation interface, add a memory size setting option.
just like SweetHome3D.l4j.ini

The default use of 0.9G in software 32 is very small, and the 64 bit 4G is too small.Slightly more complicated rendering requires 10G's memory usage.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 24, 2018, 10:56:34 AM
Great!
I love this version.

Just one question: Is max mem 14.2 Gb?

Cec

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 24, 2018, 11:37:17 AM
In the software setup interface or software installation interface, add a memory size setting option.
just like SweetHome3D.l4j.ini
Maybe in a future version...

The default use of 0.9G in software 32 is very small, and the 64 bit 4G is too small.
In 32 bit, a higher value won't work. In 64 bit, the default max is half of the available RAM.

Is max mem 14.2 Gb?
When run in 64 bit, the working limit must be the RAM size available on your computer when Sweet Home 3D runs.

Posted by hansmex at Sep 24, 2018, 11:50:19 AM
To all <?> Ubuntu users who have problems running the beta version.

Thanks to the help of UbuntuBirdy I now can try the beta version 6. Here are the program lines you need:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Sweet Home 3D BETA 611
GenericName=Interior 2D design application with 3D preview
Generic Name[de]=Innenraumplaner
Comment=Interior design Java application for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn by the end-user with a 3D preview
Comment[de]=Innenraumplaner zum Auswählen und Platzieren von Möbeln auf einem 2D-Hausplan mit 3D-Vorschau
Path=/home/hans/SweetHome3D-beta611
Exec=sh -c "/home/hans/SweetHome3D-beta611/SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2" %U
Icon=/home/hans/SweetHome3D-beta611/SweetHome3DIcon.png
StartupNotify=true
StartupWMClass=com-eteks-sweethome3d-SweetHome3D
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=2DGraphics;3DGraphics;
Keywords=interior;design;2D;3D;home;house;furniture;java;
MimeType=application/sweethome3d;
Name[de_CH]=SweetHome3D BETA 611

Note the following:
- you can change the Name and GenericName to whatever you like
- you can leave out the Comment lines
- you can change [de] and [de-CH] to your own language
- in the path names change "hans" to your own user name
- make sure that the path name /SweetHome3D-beta611/ points correctly to your file (name and location)
- open a Text Editor and copy the above text
- save and name the file xxx.desktop where xxx is the name you want
- then copy the script to /home/hans/.local/share/applications/
- this is a hidden file, so you need to do CTRL-H to show the file

- under the start button, type SW and SH3D should show up

Thank you very much Birdy!!!

H

Posted by alaX at Sep 24, 2018, 4:55:15 PM
So many new great features - oh, Emmanuel, please don't stop tongue
Due to "3d error" I had to install 6.0 beta 11 with "j3d.version=1.5.2" (Win 7, 32bit) and now it works nice.

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Sep 24, 2018, 10:07:15 PM

Thank you very much Birdy!!!
H

Glad I could help you, Hans.

There are two great programming highlights since time immemorial: once Linux and of course SweetHome3D!
The result is a law of the universe: who's able to use SweetHome3D on a Linux-System, will be happy!
And of course I will try to make as many people happy as possible by showing them how to use SweetHome3D on Linux.

A humble servant of the universe
Pascal
Pascal

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 25, 2018, 1:43:48 PM
When run in 64 bit, the working limit must be the RAM size available on your computer when Sweet Home 3D runs.

Not important, but there MIGHT be a bug here:

Cec

Posted by digitaltrails at Sep 26, 2018, 10:30:35 PM
Works fine in OpenSUSE (Linux) Leap 15 if the SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11/SweetHome3D script is modified to useOffScreen3DView:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true

Tried the Outward opening window and the Mannequin - awesome!

If I don't set useOffScreen3DView it dies during startup with:

com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: J3D-Renderer-1: Error making temp context(1) current: display 0x33d6ba0, context 0x3db1f88, drawable X11OnscreenGLXDrawable[Realized true,
Factory jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXDrawableFactory@964c9ab,
Handle 0x56000a1,
Surface JAWTWindow[0x24dca16d][JVM version: 1.8.0_181 (1.8.0 update 181)
JAWT version: 0x10004...

Posted by bdfd at Sep 27, 2018, 9:35:43 AM
Hi,

Yesterday, I saw an anomaly with 6.0 beta12.

Case 1
When I used a new furniture 6.0 like a window, all was OK.
The update of a height don't change anything.

Case 2
The same used window but I used 'modify openings'.
The option 'keep proportions' is checked and became unavailable !

Why ?

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 27, 2018, 2:39:43 PM
Thanks for your feedback smile

Ceciliabr, I already noticed the difference between the requested amount of max memory and the actual value reported in the About dialog box.
It's not a bug, but Java probably rather uses the difference for internal management (see this technical article if you want to learn why).

digitaltrails, fortunately you had the idea to test com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView.
It's probably another solution that I should better document, just because I keep in mind to test it from time to time to check if it still works.

bdfd, the behavior you noticed is normal. As said in a previous post:
As soon as an object is deformed, its size can be changed only proportionally, otherwise this could lead to strange shapes.
If ever you need a wider or deeper or higher object, first reset its shape, change the dimensions you want, and deform again its shape.

Posted by hansmex at Sep 27, 2018, 4:36:27 PM
Emmanuel,

Thanks to UbuntuBirdy I'm finally able to test beta 11 under Ubuntu.

There's a few things I want to share.
1 - CSV export
This feature works fine, but isn't perfect. When I tested an earlier version under Windows, I noted that values were exported as text, not as numbers. This hasn't changed in the beta 11.
In an earlier message you wrote that the exported CSV is correctly interpreted by Excel and LibreOffice. Can you explain how you do that? Here's a spreadsheet that shows what happens when I import CSV in LibreOffice, and what you need to do to be able to use the exported data. Am I doing it the wrong way?
a - The green colums show what is exported from SH3D. In row 17 you can see that the totals are 0, meaning that you can't use the exported values, because they are text.
b - The pink columns show how we need to change the imported text: a column with the currency, than columns with numerical values. If you look at the formula, it's easy enough to extract the wanted numerical value from the text, but I think it's beyond the spreadsheet knowledge of most people.
c - The yellow columns show what we really need: values. Currently we need TWO conversions: first step (pink) is separate text and values, second step (yellow) is Paste-Special to obtain pure values (without underlying formula).

It also means that in the current situation we MUST keep the original until we have performed the second step, because when we delete the original info after the first step, all values will revert to zero.

2 - Multi-line text
The possibility to have multi-line text is very welcome. I notice that changing the text orientation from left to center or right, the box around it moves. Ideally the box stays in the same spot, and only the text moves within the box.
Also, it would be nice if the text interface window had the option "Part of base plan".

I will do more testing in the coming days.

Thank you once again for all the splendid work!!

Hans

Posted by okh at Sep 28, 2018, 8:33:00 AM
1 - CSV export ... Am I doing it the wrong way?

Hi Hans, .csv export import is unfortunately always tricky. I tried LibreOffice and Gnumeric too, both under Win, the file with both .tsv and .csv extensions. And I tried my preferred way, just to copy-paste the list from SH3D to a spreadsheet.

LibreOffice will import .csv and .tsv (in my case I need to set the import to US English to get , and . interchanged to my standard, locale). LO will not recognise my local non-euro currency, so all currency fields are read as text. Copy-Paste from SH3D to LO gave the same result, but is a lot faster for me.

Gnumeric will not separate .csv columns automatically, but will interpret the file correctly if it has a .tsv extension. In this case I do not have to worry about , and . as my Gnumeric installation ignores my locale and sticks with US standard anyway. Copy and paste also works nicely, but again the currency fields are read as texts.

However, I am not surprised at this behaviour. As pointed out, the .csv format has limitations (but is also very tidy).

And I think SH3D .csv behaves pretty much like all other .csv exports (I frequently import huge .csv files with e.g. meteorological data, outboard engine data / gps-logs). But .csv exports are always a bit of a bother. There is usually some silly string (knots, °C etc.) in the .csv rows that will mess with the import. My remedy for this is usually to go via a text-editor and do a search-replace to fix the characters spreadsheets cannot deal with, and then paste into the sheet. Three-character currency denominations are a special pain as they might appear part of furniture names as well, which means some special attention to the search-replace.

Now, I agree that SH3D .csvs are not perfect, but .csvs hardly ever are. And I am not sure it is possible to solve all different issues that may arise with .csv (or actually tab separated files). So instead of changing the .csv format at the risk of creating new problems, it might be better to stick with the simple.

Except, there may be a fix for the currency: Either to separate currency to a separate column (i.e. an extra tab between currency and number, but that would not match the format in the furniture list). Or have user defined currency/currencies, so I could remove the currency symbol altogether, and/or use the generic ¤.

As I am used to the workaround, the issue does not really bother me, but I took the liberty of putting remove currency symbol / user defined currency in feature requests 890 as that might be of some help.

ok

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 28, 2018, 1:57:25 PM
Here comes the version 6.0 Beta 13 which fixes how closed polylines are displayed in 3D view (they were wrongly filled).
I distribute this small change mainly to let you compare renderings in the 3D view of Sweet Home 3D with the ones of the first update of Sweet Home 3D JS Viewer available here.
The Beta version of the Viewer comes with a copy of a the special demo file NewFeaturesV6.sh3d which shows the new features of Sweet Home 3D 6.0 in the 3D view, as seen below.

You may also test this demo file on sweethome3d.com server here. I tested it with Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Safari under Windows and macOS, but please report if you find some issues on your own files.
Note that if you want to test your HTML files with the new JavaScript files, you'll have to add the line:
<script type="text/javascript" src="lib/stroke.min.js"></script>

Hans, I'll see if I can adjust the location of the text in the plan when alignment is changed. The problem is that the text can change also at the same time, and the user should have an expectable result.

Posted by okh at Sep 28, 2018, 2:20:02 PM
Quite a set of features! Much looking forward to the final release. For the fun of it, I opened the viewer quickly in the browsers at hand:
Windows 32:
- SeaMonkey 2.49.4
- IE 11.0.9600.19130 - update 11.0.85
- Opera 55.0.2994.61
- Firefox 62.0.2 (32-bit)
Android:
- Opera 34.0.2044.98679
- Chrome 69.0.3497.100
Seemed to work perfectly everywhere but Chrome for Android, but that is an old installation. File opens, seemed to zoom, but could not move/rotate.

ok

Posted by hansmex at Sep 28, 2018, 3:25:30 PM
I can't use the *.jnlp of course, but I played with the test file you provided.

The reason why I wanted the text to have a fixed place, was the fact that I read in the forum that many people use SH3D to obtain a building permit. In such cases it would be interesting to have a fixed text block at the right or in the bottom right, where all the drawing info goes.

Of course, if I add or delete text the text block changes in size. Preferably, for latin script, the text block should be fixed at top-left, for arabic script at top-right.

H

Posted by bdfd at Sep 28, 2018, 4:13:08 PM
You may also test this demo file on sweethome3d.com server here.
Hi,

viewer tested with success with Edge 42.17134.1.0 and Firefox 62.0.2

Posted by hansmex at Sep 29, 2018, 11:31:22 AM
After reading Cecilia's posts about horizons, skies and backgrounds, I decided I had to try it out for myself. It works very nice.

Two things:
1 - I find the % for the X-offset confusing, and would prefer degrees for orientation.
2 - I noticed that in the Sky-Texture dialogue, the program doesn't remember the search text, as it does in other texture dialogues.

H

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 29, 2018, 5:38:10 PM
Thanks for your tests and feedback.
The JS viewer simply needed an additional touch-action: none style property to work correctly under Android. I fixed it in the online version here. By the way, I also checked the JS viewer works correctly under iOS.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 2, 2018, 10:25:47 PM
V6 beta 11 is working like a dream on OSX Mojave.
Rotating the sky is fast and looks perfect in the preview window, but it seems using a rotated sky and light panels in the same project makes it impossible to render both at the same time:

Cec

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 3, 2018, 12:27:46 AM
Thanks for your report. The last image shows a rendering made with Enkonyito's plugin that doesn't take into account the rotation of the sky. He probably waits for the final release of Sweet Home 3D 6.0, to publish an update...

Posted by enkonyito at Oct 3, 2018, 10:37:19 PM
He probably waits for the final release of Sweet Home 3D 6.0, to publish an update...

Indeed, although I started to integrate in the 1.6 beta version of the plug-in the changes made to SH3D-6.0Beta, the final release of the plug-in will be available only after that of SH3D-6.0.
EnkoNyito

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 4, 2018, 4:56:50 PM
Here's Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta 14 coming with updated installers:
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-windows.exe (51 MB)
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-macosx.dmg (66 MB)
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-linux-x64.tgz (66 MB)

This version brings translation updates in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Bulgarian, Greek, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese, including the translation of the 2 new options in Windows installer.
Among small fixes, it brings also an update of Java 3D which new version 1.6.1 brings support for HiDPI screens when Sweet Home 3D runs with Java 10+.
That's the reason why I provide also the JAR Executable version SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14.jar (25 MB) to let you test it with Java 10 or Java 11 under Windows or Linux, if you have a HiDPI screen (Java 3D doesn't work with Java 10 under macOS yet).
I hope to get the 4 missing translation updates soon to release the final version 6.0 afterwards.

Posted by hansmex at Oct 5, 2018, 9:15:35 AM
Today I downloaded and tested the beta 14 with Cecilia's 261 MB super-shed file.
Using beta 11, I was able to make a photo render. Using beta 14 my computer stops rendering with the infamous red cross. Also, when trying to move the virtual my computer freezes. It also freezes when I try to use a separate window for the 3D image. All of these were possible with beta 11.

It looks as if memory management changed...?
For the time being I will revert to beta 11.

H

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 5, 2018, 10:49:44 AM
Hans, if you use the Linux version you should change the launch script to add -Xmx... max memory parameter.
I'm going to set it to -Xmx2g in the final version of the 64 bit version.

Posted by hansmex at Oct 5, 2018, 11:03:20 AM
You stupid boy!!! <hitting myself on the head>

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 5, 2018, 11:47:18 AM
You stupid boy!!! <hitting myself on the head>

Don't worry, Hans! Go back and see what I did with Beta 11... laughing
Pascal

Posted by hansmex at Oct 5, 2018, 12:01:34 PM
I just copied the new files in the beta-11 directory, thinking that was all I needed to do. I forgot that I needed the Xmx-thing to change memory usage.

Rest assured, I didn't hit myself overly hard. :-)

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 5, 2018, 3:34:33 PM
I have been doing some extensive testing of v6 β14 using OSX Mojave, and have found a couple of things I would like to mention:

1) β14 does not read textures correct for files created with older versions:

2) When importing furniture, the status of the Continue-button changes before the model has loaded.

3) When cancelling a rendering by mistake, the rendering just stops without offering a chance to reconsider your choice. It's very easy to cancel a render process unintentionally and loose hours of rendering, so this is important!

Part from this: All thumbs up!

Cec

Posted by hansmex at Oct 5, 2018, 3:51:04 PM
3) Rendering stopping without asking can happen also under other OS's, especially in the beginning of the rendering process.

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 5, 2018, 7:03:50 PM
Cecilia, thanks for your report.

1) Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

2) I don't think it's very serious, moreover in the 3rd step of the furniture import wizard.

3) The stop button starts to warn you once the rendering has already lasted 30s.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 5, 2018, 8:30:08 PM
Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

I have unfortunately already re-textured all the walls and saved the project with v6.

2) I don't think it's very serious, moreover in the 3rd step of the furniture import wizard.
This IS serious:

This happens if you press Continue too early.

3) The stop button starts to warn you once the rendering has already lasted 30s.

I noticed. But the warning pop-up is hidden behind the render window.

Cec

Posted by bdfd at Oct 6, 2018, 6:29:43 AM
Hi,

At this day, none problem with v6 beta14 ! applause

1. Furniture import wizard : OK

2. Renderings
with standard Q4 : OK.

with PVR 1.5 Q4 : OK (0 to 100%).
=> estimated time given at 1% : 08h23mn. sad
=> estimated time given at 2% : 07h01mn. biggrin
=> estimated time given at 3% : 08h13mn ??? confused

smile

Posted by hansmex at Oct 6, 2018, 10:04:03 AM
That's what I noticed, so no problem for me.

But... I did notice some strange behavior. When I make a quick render using Q1, I get a different picture from what I expect. (See screenshot). However, when I make the same render in Q3 everything is normal.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 7, 2018, 12:13:44 AM
@ Puybaret

Can you check copy/paste from other projects?

I'm unable to copy /paste anything from this project with beta 14.

In v5.7 it works fine.

Cec

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 7, 2018, 5:43:03 PM
Cec, I couldn't reproduce the 3D error during furniture wizard. I already saw it happen rarely, but I could force the error myself during the past days. I even tried to press <enter> to continue very quickly between each step, but even this behavior didn't cause problems. Does it happen each time in your case?

I also successfully tested the copy/paste between projects. I suspect you tried to copy something from Sweet Home 3D 5.7 then paste it in a new project running with Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta, in which case it can't work. Copy/Paste works only within the same Sweet Home 3D program.

Hans, I couldn't reproduce your issue too. There must be an additional parameter...

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 8, 2018, 11:01:50 AM
Does it happen each time in your case?
More or less each time. I can reproduce this error every time I'm importing bigger models. Not so often with smaller.
It would be nice if continue didn't work until it was safe to use.

Copy/Paste works only within the same Sweet Home 3D program.

Of course. I even saved the linked project with v6 and re-opened it. After copying a spotlight, the only option I get is to Paste StylePaste is greyed out on the menu.

Cec

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 8, 2018, 5:18:36 PM
Well, then I also tell my experiences with BETA14. I tested with JRE8,10 and 11 on Ubuntu 18.04.
I really can not complain, everything is going as expected. I also tried to reproduce the problems mentioned here on my system, but apparently my system does not want any problems, at least all the processes that have caused other problems work perfectly well for me.
The only limitation on my system is still that I have to start SH3D via Terminal, and only the 1_5_2 script works. This also means that I can not experience java3d in version 1.6...
With JRE10 and 11 I also had to insert
-Dswing.defaultlaf = javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
into the script, because without this entry various objects in the UI are not recognizable.
Oh man, I'm really looking forward to the final version of SH3D 6!!!
Pascal

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 8, 2018, 5:21:04 PM
...what I forgot: with JRE10 and 11 the difference between the -Xmx entry and what SH3D displays has gone.
Pascal

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 9, 2018, 11:28:06 AM
Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

Found a temp-file that you can look at. It's too big for my mail server, but here it is: PCTY_LVLS.sh3d
Look at the outer wall texture. The height is set to 900 cm. I have to open the modify walls window, find the texture ( cement_13) and open the modify texture window, and then, without modifying anything, just click ok – not cancel. Close the modifiers and the texture will display correct.

Cec

EDIT:

Forgot:
First load texture cement_13.jpg and set height to 365.9 cm. Do this prior to opening the .sh3d-file.

Cec

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 9, 2018, 1:39:09 PM

Found a temp-file that you can look at. It's too big for my mail server, but here it is: PCTY_LVLS.sh3d
Look at the outer wall texture. The height is set to 900 cm. I have to open the modify walls window, find the texture ( cement_13) and open the modify texture window, and then, without modifying anything, just click ok – not cancel. Close the modifiers and the texture will display correct.

Cec

EDIT:

Forgot:
First load texture cement_13.jpg and set height to 365.9 cm. Do this prior to opening the .sh3d-file.

Cec

On Ubuntu 18.04 I have to reselect the texture of both sides of the wall before the texture will display correct.
Pascal

Posted by hansmex at Oct 9, 2018, 3:37:56 PM
When I open the file, the cement texture is repeated approx 4 times vertically.
When I import the cement texture and apply it on the wall left of the entrance (texture height 365.9 cm) it applies "correctly", without repetition, on the wall.
When I apply the texture (texture height still 365.9 cm)on the central left wall, the texture repeats 3 times.
When I modify the texture height to 900 cms (same as wall height) the texture applies correctly.
When I walk the virtual visitor to the center of the courtyard and look around, parts of the wall show the cement texture repeat itself 3x, parts 4x, and parts are shown correctly.

Strange...

Done under Ubuntu 18.04.

H

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 9, 2018, 5:34:31 PM
Cec, I compared how your file renders with Sweet Home 3D 6 Beta and Sweet Home 3D 5.0 (won't work with Mac OS X ≥ 10.13) and didn't notice any visual difference : same wall sides where the texture spreads from the top to the bottom and same ones where the texture pattern is smaller.
As each wall side stores the size of the texture applied on it, it's possible to mix the same imported texture image at different size (I speak about size, not scale) if you change that size at different moments.
Keep also in mind that a SH3D file contains everything it needs to render itself, even if I guess that you proposed the texture image to let us test it.

As a conclusion, here's a tip that few of us know: if you want to copy a texture from a file to another one, display that texture in Texture dialog box like if you wanted to change the texture of a wall or a material, press OK to add it in the recent textures list, then choose the object on which you want to apply the texture, display its Texture dialog box and choose the texture in the recent ones lis. Et voilà! Not super handy, not a behavior I thought about when I programmed Sweet Home 3D, but actually a nice tip wink

Posted by Ceciliabr at Oct 9, 2018, 6:37:03 PM
Keep also in mind that a SH3D file contains everything it needs to render itself, even if I guess that you proposed the texture image to let us test it.

I'm obviously very bad at explaining things.
The thing is:
If you don't have the texture loaded and sized prior to opening the linked file, the texture will of course be displayed correctly, as it also will if I resize the texture correctly prior to opening the project file.
This texture has been used in another project later, and given a smaller size, so in the texture library this texture is sized to 365.9 cm. And that's why the problem occurs.

As hansmex correctly points out:
When I open the file, the cement texture is repeated approx 4 times vertically. When I import the cement texture and apply it on the wall left of the entrance (texture height 365.9 cm) it applies "correctly", without repetition, on the wall.
When I apply the texture (texture height still 365.9 cm)on the central left wall, the texture repeats 3 times.
When I modify the texture height to 900 cms (same as wall height) the texture applies correctly.
When I walk the virtual visitor to the center of the courtyard and look around, parts of the wall show the cement texture repeat itself 3x, parts 4x, and parts are shown correctly.
Strange...

That's exactly what I encountered.
All occurrences of the texture is wrong; apart from the ones I have already fixed, using the method I described.

This goes for all textures that are already in the texture library and holding different sizes than what are used in the project file.
So if I use a texture in a project, and then resize it for use in a newer project, V6 will not display it correctly when the older project is opened.
My linked project file (as most of my projects), was created with V5.3 ( because of the hither-yon issue).

This is not a big deal, as long as I'm aware of it, but it needs to be pointed out.

Cec

Posted by YGYL at Oct 11, 2018, 3:56:30 AM

L

Texture map UV on some walls is wrong.
But I think we can ignore this problem. Maybe you changed the software version.
This problem has never been encountered in normal use.

Posted by bdfd at Oct 11, 2018, 6:48:28 AM
Bug or anomaly ?

Yesterday, during the building of my latest model, I saw an 'error' in a room. (?)

It appears on a part of wall (blue Arrow in 3D view).
The room at right has yellow Walls and light blue baseboard.
The main room has orange walls and light wooden baseboard.
So, I saw a part of wall always 'yellow' (red Arrow in 3D view). biggrin

=> On the twice rooms, I cannot use the option "recompute the room" (red frame).
Why ?

Is it only on the release 6.0 and the previous ???

Posted by hansmex at Oct 11, 2018, 10:55:17 AM
@Emmanuel
I notice some new, unwanted behaviour.
When I import a model, the icon in the 2D view is shown enlarged 2-3 times its original size. Top-left corner is where it should be, but large part of the rest of the image disappears.

(Under Ubuntu 18.04)

(edit)
Somehow, I get the feeling that the icon problem is connected with the incorrect 3D render in Q1 and Q2 that I mentioned earlier. These also seem to show the top-left part of the "real" image.

Also, when I open Cecilia's "shed" file, or one of my own files, the icons are incorrect. Strange..

I tested this with the Envidia driver recommended for my video card, and with the X-driver that's native to Ubuntu. Both give the same results.

H

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 11, 2018, 1:31:54 PM
@Hans
Does this issue appear with both video card drivers, the one offered by Ubuntu (Open Source) and the one offered by Nvidia (proprietarily)?
I ask this question because I am not able to reproduce this issue on my Ubuntu 18.04.
Pascal

Posted by hansmex at Oct 11, 2018, 2:04:35 PM
I tested this with the Envidia driver recommended for my video card, and with the X-driver that's native to Ubuntu. Both give the same results.

What do you think?

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 11, 2018, 2:25:17 PM
OMG! I'm so sorry! Who can read is in the advantage... I have to stop doing multiple things at the same time...
Pascal

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 12, 2018, 1:54:14 AM
The final release of version 6.0 is out. Enjoy! smile

The portable version will be released a little later once I'll gather more translations.

Thanks all for your tests, your feedback, your support and... your patience.

Posted by YGYL at Oct 12, 2018, 5:59:41 AM
I don't think the translation is right here.

选择唯一可见楼层(Make select level the only viewable one)
It should be changed to
只可见该楼层

Posted by hansmex at Oct 12, 2018, 3:46:30 PM
While making a few renders for another thread, I noticed that after finishing the rendering, SH3D keeps using all 6 cores of my processor at (close to) 100%, just as it does while rendering.

This heavy usage only stopped when I shut down SH3D.

I also noticed that when applying a transparent texture to vertical blinds, the blinds are shown as completely black in the 3D preview window. Is this a regression? We also had this in some earlier version.

(beta 6.11 under Ubuntu 18.04)

EDIT
Meanwhile I installed version 6.
- Processor stops at end of rendering. (same file & settings as before)
- Transparency still shown as black.

Hans

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 13, 2018, 12:57:30 AM
In SH3D 6.0 the GPU load for the 3D view (only virtual visitor) is reeeeally high, strange high. In fact it's higher than in any other application, even higher than in complex 3D games or benchmark tests. It's much higher than in 5.7 or any older versions.
This is not a big issue, because the max temperature of the polaris chip is approximately 90° C and atm the actual temperature is at 55°, but it's a noisy (because of the fan) one...
Normally the temperature of the GPU is not higher than 40°.
Pascal

Posted by bdfd at Oct 13, 2018, 6:28:41 AM
Hi,

I'm agree with hans and Ubuntu about 3D renderings. wink

With the final 6.0, I find that a 3D rendering is too important for the main processor and not for the GPU. biggrin

Here are the results on my PC :

Tested with Core i7-4790 - RAM 16Go - GC : GeForce 970 GTX 4 Go
CG is 4 years old, is this the weakest link ??? biggrin

@Puybaret : what can you do to ameliorate this point ?

Posted by YGYL at Oct 13, 2018, 10:27:05 AM
biggrin   Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0
WINDOWS version does not have this problem.

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 13, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
The problem on my system does not occur while rendering, only in the 3D view in virtual visitors mode while "walking around".
Pascal

Posted by bdfd at Oct 13, 2018, 11:19:07 AM
None problem in the 3D view in virtual visitors mode while "walking around", whatever the project. wink

It seems that each PC has own problem. biggrin

Posted by okh at Oct 13, 2018, 5:15:30 PM
Congratulations on the release of 6.0. Quite remarkable. Still working my way through all the new features in different settings. Only significant problem is that I have to redesign my sky textures and models completely... smile. So, THANKS!

As for processor usage: Except when testing with giant sky textures, I have not noticed any slowdown with 6.0 under Windows. Compared to previous versions, it seems pretty similar to me. I (mostly) run SH3D on a slow computer with no extra headroom, but as long as I stay away from too big models and to much creative use of light, 6.0 seems pretty quick to me. In fact, I am pleasantly surprised that the richness in features work without noticeable slowdown. But yes, in certain circumstances, SH3D will grab every resource available. Just like other software when doing certain tasks.

ok

Posted by Mike53 at Oct 14, 2018, 11:56:38 AM
Hi
As usual i am missing something, i dont see how to make an object that can be deformed, the window obj's i have made recently do not have this :-
All help welcome
Mike

Posted by Puybaret at Oct 14, 2018, 2:57:48 PM
Thank you all for your feedback.
It’s possible that the GPU has more work in this version because of the lighter management of the frustum front and back distances, but this should also lead to more fluid moves in the 3D view.

Mike, your own 3D models can’t be deformed without modification. Please read this post for more information.

Posted by Mike53 at Oct 14, 2018, 6:46:19 PM
Hi Emmanuel
Thx for the response, i did see the topic but the pictures did not fully explain it and unfortunately its all written in greek, as is the topic about showing the sash openings, so i guess i'll just use groups. sad
Mike

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 15, 2018, 9:46:30 PM
... but this should also lead to more fluid moves in the 3D view.

I compared this in 5.7 and 6.0 and I have to say yes, in 6.0 there is way less stumbling while walking around with the virtual visitor!
I rarely use the virtual visitor, but that could change now...
Pascal

Posted by alaX at Oct 16, 2018, 8:06:16 PM
@Mike53
I'm not sure what sort of pictures or description you expect...

Why some groups share "sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_" and differ in last phrase? That's because all of them are supposed to rotate around the same hinge at the same time but each one has different material aplied (they can't make one group)
"Sweethome3d_window_pane_on_hinge_1" is special prefix - combination of "sweethome3d_window_pane" and "sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1"
Why hinges with the same color are not in one group? Because they are not connected and probably would be exported as separate groups anyway - it depends on modeling software you use. They could make one group as well.

Hinges (visible or hidden) should be centered on axis of rotation parallel to height, width or depth of your model (assuming it's oriented properly to axes X,Y and Z). The largest dimension of all selcted/grouped objects making one hinge should be oriented along that axis/dimension.

Posted by dorin at Oct 22, 2018, 6:31:35 PM
@Mike53
... i don't see how to make an object that can be deformed, the window obj's i have made recently do not have this

Your personal objects will be "deformed" after You've add the specific prefixes like Emmanuel and alaX explained.
I've do this also with my doors and I try to do for most of the furniture from Contribution furniture.
For more help I'am available for You on mail.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law

Posted by Mike53 at Oct 28, 2018, 9:20:35 PM
Thank you Dorin i may take you up on the offer.
I still don't know if "modify deformation" gets added during the process of making the object or if it needs to be a library item 1st .... is the "modification" made in the mtl or object file ... is it made with the library editor or similar.. lots of don't knows.
Thanks for the offer, it is much appreciated.
Mike

Posted by dorin at Oct 29, 2018, 8:18:26 AM
You must modify the obj file. (with Notepad++/ ArtOfIllusion/ Blender).
Rename the moving part with new prefixes.
e.g. You have a door and hinge objects name;
rename hinge to hinge_1
and door to sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_door
Save and import.
I will tray to do this directly from SH3D when I'll have some time to test.
At that moment I don't know other way.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)

Posted by alaX at Oct 30, 2018, 6:55:29 PM
I still don't know if "modify deformation" gets added during the process of making the object (...)

SH3D detects prefixes and displays "Modify deformation".

Posted by ndorigatti at Nov 1, 2018, 10:02:02 PM
Dear Pubayet,
I think i've found a use case that is not managed by rotation implementation.
I have a door with the "rotating" part composed of a small frame and a mirror.
Before sh 6.0 my model had the mirror obj item named as:
sweethome3d_window_mirror
for making it reflect.
Now since i want the mirror to rotate around the hinge, i tryed to rename the item but with no success..
I've seen there is sweethome3d_windows_pane_on_hinge but this makes the part transparent and not a mirror! Any hint?

Posted by ndorigatti at Nov 2, 2018, 10:49:17 AM
What i mean is that according to your explanation at first page:

- The parts of an opening able to turn around the hinge numbered x should be prefixed by sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_ followed by the same number x. For example, sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_door and sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_handle will rotate around the axis defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1, or defined by sweethome3d_hinge_1_top and sweethome3d_hinge_1_bottom. If you want to define transparent panes directly without a transparent material, you can also use the prefix sweethome3d_window_pane_on_hinge_ followed by the hinge number. The axis direction of the hinge x is guessed from the largest dimension of the global bounding box of the hinge parts. Thus, if the largest dimension of a hinge is its height, the axis will be vertical, if its largest dimension is its depth the axis will be horizontal in Y direction and if its largest dimension is its width the axis will be also horizontal but in X direction. Axes can only be parallel to X, Y or Z axes at the moment, but this looks largely enough. The axis may be defined with some dummy parts that are not visible (like in the kitchen cabinet).

There is one name missing here, I'd add sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_
and similarly for rails. This would allow to have openable mirror door (I have one at home!) and also turnable mirrors like:

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 2, 2018, 1:36:24 PM
sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ or sweethome3d_mirror_on_hinge_ prefixes don't exist, so you can't make a mirror turn yet.
I'll see if it's possible in a coming version.

Posted by ndorigatti at Nov 2, 2018, 6:15:20 PM
sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ or sweethome3d_mirror_on_hinge_ prefixes don't exist, so you can't make a mirror turn yet.
I'll see if it's possible in a coming version.

ok thanks for the confirmation! in the meantime i've prepared my door with the first prefix you wrote, so if ever will be possible, i'll be already there!
I just have to remember to not rotate the door! :D

thanks!

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 3, 2018, 3:37:15 PM
For your information, I released the portable version 6.0 today.

Posted by Mike53 at Nov 4, 2018, 5:16:37 PM
Probably just me but thought i would post anyway, i got the latest version from amazon earlier but i couldn't get the shape generator plugin or 1.6 of the photo rendering to work, so now i have the free ver. 6 again.

Mike

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 4, 2018, 5:36:52 PM
The latest version available at Amazon is still the version 5.7. Hope they will fix their internal reorganization soon so I can release a 6.0 update there too.

Posted by Mike53 at Nov 4, 2018, 6:15:53 PM
OK thx Emmanuel

Posted by Jerintho at Nov 4, 2018, 7:49:16 PM
After upgrading to 6.0, I am unable to save my drawing?

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 4, 2018, 11:00:24 PM
What makes you think it's because of the version 6.0? Under what system do you use Sweet Home 3D? What error do you get?

Posted by Jerintho at Nov 11, 2018, 9:25:19 PM
I was first using version 5.7 without any problems (Windows 10 system). After updating to version 6.0, the program crashes as I try to save my drawing. After going back to 5.7 everything works great again...

I will try to uninstall first and re-install 6.0. I hope it will be fixed then.

By the way, love your stuff!!

Posted by Jerintho at Nov 11, 2018, 9:41:22 PM
Made a fresh install, everything works great now!

Posted by dorin at Nov 21, 2018, 8:26:39 AM
WARNING For those who usually modify the look and feel.
Same features of the v.6.0 may not work because of this.
E.G.
I use
-Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel

With this option the math formula in number box are not processed.
Without this (original file) it work perfect.

Posted by Raevlav at Nov 21, 2018, 6:38:02 PM
sorry guys if this is not the proper topic or these problems have been already discussed.
After upgrading to v.6 'Catalog icons' option of 'Furniture icons in plan' in 'Preferences' is not available. So all the models at plan now are shown as top view icons.
Also two lowest (fastest) qualities in 'Create photo' are not available too (the slider just cannot be moved to the corresponding positions).

Posted by Kunda at Nov 28, 2018, 5:43:39 PM
@dorin can you provide a screenshot of what the end result of modifying the look-and-feel of SH3D looks like ?

Posted by dorin at Nov 29, 2018, 8:23:11 AM
Is not a big deal only look a little bit better
The standard:

The nimbus:

Remember the Warning: with this look-and-feel setting some function DON'T work. I've discover at this moment only the math formula issue but could be more other.

Posted by maureenowaters at Oct 13, 2019, 7:48:58 AM
So beautiful, just love it.