Print at Mar 24, 2019 9:32:27 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by johey at Mar 8, 2015 10:13:50 AM
Garden planning
I am totally new to Sweet Home 3d, just started building up my house. The program is really great and easy to use.

Now I would like to design my garden as well, with easy methods for rearranging it to see the effect. Just like moving furniture around is easier in a computer program than doing it for real, it would be easier to try different plant, stairs, stone walls and even slopiness of the garden before implementing it.

I guess this is not really possible in current versions? At least I haven't found those tools.

If this is outside the scope of SH3D, is there another piece of floss software that can import the house model from SH3D?

Posted by hansmex at Mar 8, 2015 10:10:36 PM
Re: Garden planning
SH3D was never meant for garden design, but for interior desin.

There are no tools to manipulate the terrain, like slopes, water features, etc. Workarounds are possible of course.

You may find that other programs are better suited for this job.

H

Posted by erinaiston at Apr 15, 2018 8:23:43 AM
need to plan my garden

Posted by Puybaret at Apr 15, 2018 8:33:24 AM
Since the start of this thread, Véronique has written a nice tip in the blog about designing gardens with Sweet Home 3D.
Hope you’ll like it...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer

Posted by hamid.radami at Jun 8, 2018 9:34:45 AM
Since the start of this thread, Véronique has written a nice tip in the blog about designing gardens with Sweet Home 3D.
Hope you’ll like it...

This is a great Tutorial! Never thought of drawing out a garden map... definitely would make planting a whole lot easier!

Posted by Kunda at Jul 13, 2018 2:57:04 PM
Thanks Véronique!

Posted by VeroniQ at Jul 13, 2018 6:19:22 PM
You're welcome :)