Print at Jan 24, 2022, 10:56:57 AM

Posted by hansmex at Oct 4, 2010, 11:06:26 AM
Re: New plugin: Advanced plan editing
Tobias,

1 - Split wall --> Join walls
What I would like here, is in fact a kind of Undo for the Split wall function. It should (re-)connect two parts of a straight wall.

2 - I am in the process of writing a tutorial for all plug-ins. This is an image I made to illustrate the behaviour of the Connect walls function as it behaves now.

EDIT
Only now do I see there's a small mistake in the picture: the walls were drawn in this order: red-blue-white (in the picture it says red-white-blue; being Dutch makes it difficult to change the order of some colours...). I chose an example with three walls to better illustrate the behaviour of the function.

Here is the correct picture.

END EDIT

I made a new image that better shows what I would like. First it shows current behaviour: an open room can be closed, correcting a "mistake" that often happens. The second part of the image shows something that might be a useful new function.

EDIT 2
I think this could be implemented by asking "Wall 1: Connect end point or start point?" and then "Wall 2: Connect end point or start point?"
END EDIT 2

There is a variation on the second example: joining walls in a T-junction or a Y-junction, although its use would be more limited.

I hope this clarifies what I meant.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance