Print at May 23, 2019 11:45:30 PM

Posted by Puybaret at Sep 30, 2010 10:24:43 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0
Here's version 3.0 Beta 4 with a few additional features:

- Support for transparent textures in SunFlow is finally available.

- Added the cross hatch pattern for walls as requested by Hans.

- Waited for the first mouse move to initiate the duplication of the items selected in plan when the Ctrl key is pressed.

- Added shift + arrow keys management for faster move of selected items in the plan. For consistency sake, I reversed the management of the shift key for the moves in the 3D view too (slow moves without shift key pressed vs fast moves with shift key pressed). I hope you won't mind this change of behavior, but so many new users complained about the too fast moves in the 3D view without knowing the shift key tip, that I think it's better this way. I hope you like the 2 speeds of moves I chose ; of course this depends on mouse settings in your system preferences.

- Increased the maximum count of recent files to 10.

- Managed some kind of auto saving, but as overwriting an existing file without user's permission sounds really too dangerous, I finally reproduced how auto saved files are managed in MS Word (and in probably many other software).
So, modified projects are saved regularly in the new recovery subfolder added to Sweet Home 3D private folder. For those who still ignore where this private folder is:
* under Windows Vista / 7, it's the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
* under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, it's the folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
* under Mac OS X, it's the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D of your user folder,
* under Linux, it's the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d of your user folder.
The delay between two auto save operations can be set with a new option in the preferences dialog.
In a future version, I might add a feature to automatically recover auto saved files at next program start, but at this time I would rather you test extensively this feature as I programmed it.

That's all for today. I hope you like it! wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer