Print at Dec 5, 2019 7:54:48 PM

Posted by AeowynFraser at Feb 14, 2019 11:23:36 PM
Re: 3-Bedroom 2-bath 2-Story House
This is kind of a long "story", but I wondered what this house would look like if I were to put the external stairs inside the house, so I started a separate file and did just that. I actually did this about a month ago, was going to share pictures of that but didn't get around to it. Then, when I went back to take pictures a few days ago, I realized that this house could actually fit on the lot my current real life home is sitting on, and I adjusted the property walls and trees accordingly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/65aum72atp28cyi/3B2b2S_Alt.sh3d/file

After that, I realized that if I could put this home here, then I didn't have enough bedrooms to accommodate all the people that live here, so I ended up saving it as yet another file and taking the empty space above the Great room to make that area into an en suite bedroom for myself. Those changes I did take pictures of. I did make a few design choice changes in the kitchen, and because of losing the chandelier in the Great room I added some lamps, but other than that I didn't make much changes to the main floor.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xwsun1nkgvydyn2/3B2b2S_Alt_2.sh3d/file

Aerial Front

Aerial Back

Main Floor

Top Floor

Attic

Just inside the front entrance, looking toward the kitchen

Just inside the front entrance, looking toward the Great room

Inside the kitchen, looking toward the back patio doors and the new stairwell

Just up the main stairs, looking toward the area that had been the overhang, showing off the new en suite bedroom door. I made the rug smaller and changed the placement of the armchairs.

Just inside the main bathroom on the top floor, looking toward the area where the door to the Sewing room had been. I also moved the toilet closer to that back wall, and moved the toilet paper dispenser to the wall.

Sewing room, from two different angles. The first is taken from where the door to the Main bathroom had been; I moved the filing cabinet (and lengthened it) to that wall. After doing that, I gave myself a bit more room around the crafting table by moving it. There's a door to the en suite opposite the doorway to the stairwell.

The new en suite bedroom, just inside the door from the Sewing room. The door on the left is to the bathroom. The door in the middle is to a walk-in closet. The last door is to the main stairwell, as seen in that picture above.

The new en suite bathroom.

I didn't take a picture of the walk-in closet. Also, I didn't take any pictures of the rooms that were not changed.
----------------------------------------