Print at Jul 8, 2020, 2:27:24 AM

Posted by okh at Jun 29, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Just a quick test. No problems, hiccups or slowdowns. Interesting development. Congratulations - and thanks.
.. useful, and that after a while, you'll understand how rotation works. I prefer to let you test this feature first...
Yes, very useful. Especially to visualise the proportions of a room design. The mannequin will be put to work right away. No fancy figure needed for that. Modifying the mannequin is easy and consistent with rest of SH3D interface.

Very curious as to whether it could be possible to create my own 'deformation' models at some point, or indeed whether the mannequin will be (slightly) more human later. Tried to use a texture for the head without great success. Maybe the head could be mapped with a default texture that is easy to change as an easy way of adding just a touch more life. Another totally minor detail, it might be a bit easier to add colour (shirt / trousers / shoes) to a mannequin using military style colour names: (ArmUpperLeft,ArmForearmLeft,ArmWristLeft). Or maybe it does not matter at all.

Anyway, the concept is great and looking forward to seeing where this will be going. You mention extend this feature to open doors and window sashes which sounds like a very good idea. Maybe even to other models as well.
..mirror surface under the picture surface ...
Yes, materials to manipulate a model has become very useful (especially after the invisible option). I would have preferred custom mtl materials like frame/mirror/canvas - easier to identify for SH3D users - but if I understood correctly, there are other reasons for using obj format colours (?).
.. furniture price management among other things...
smile

ok

PS I get an error message for enkonyito's Rendering plugin (v1.5), but I guess that could have to do with using the Java Web Start version like several other plugins.

Win8/32
Version 6.0 Beta Java version 1.8.0_171 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max Java 3D version 1.6.0

Java Console:
Java Web Start 11.171.2.11 x86
Using JRE version 1.8.0_171-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://www.sweethome3d.com/lib6/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.