Print at Sep 19, 2020, 1:34:52 AM

Posted by Puybaret at Jun 27, 2018, 7:24:54 PM
Sweet Home 3D 6.0
Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 6.0.
The main reason to change the major version number is that the future macOS installer will probably come with its own copy of Oracle JRE 8, to avoid users to install Java under recent macOS versions.
This will probably oblige to create a different version of the program for users still using Mac OS X 10.7 and older versions, but I won't abandon them.

At the moment, this new version offers an updated catalog with a few special 3D models explained below.
To simplify the communication about what people can legally do with the homes they design with Sweet Home 3D and also to renew a little the default catalog, I replaced the 24 models designed by contributors under LAL license and found among the 100 objects of the free version of Sweet Home 3D.
So, in this beta version, you'll find the 24 following 3D models available under GNU GPL or CC-BY license:

They replace these 3D models:

Of course, these models are not lost and can still be found in the Contributors furniture library (they will be surrounded in green in the free models page until the final version 6.0 is released).

Among the new 3D models also shown in the following scene

the following models have special features:
- the picture surface of the Frame, the screen of the Laptop and the small frame in the Filled bookcase have texture coordinates to let you set the texture image you want.
- the Frame contains a mirror surface under the picture surface with the material named flltgrey, and if you make flltgrey material invisible, you'll get a mirror at the two best rendering qualities.
- the limbs of the mannequin / figure are articulated and you can completely change its posture with the new Modify deformation button available in the furniture modification pane (which pushed the Mirrored shape check box in the Location group):

When you click on this button, a dialog box will be shown to let you move the parts of the mannequin with the mouse:

I hope you'll find this ability useful, and that after a while, you'll understand how rotation works. I prefer to let you test this feature first before improving it from your feedback.
Note that this was programmed in such a way that it shouldn't be too hard to extend this feature to open doors and window sashes.

Of course, more features will be added to Sweet Home 3D in the coming weeks (with furniture price management among other things). Be patient!

Finally, I'd like to warmly thank the very first contributors to Sweet Home 3D models for the furniture they designed. Their contribution will always stay in my mind and in the community smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 6.0 was released on October 11, 2018]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer