Print at Jan 19, 2022, 4:18:29 PM

Posted by edusson at Jul 9, 2017, 6:59:04 PM
Re: Furniture Library Editor released
Hi,

To the post about crashing, from XroM ... I had the exact same problem. As Puybaret mentioned, I also suspected that it was the same graphics issue as launching the SH3D, which is solved using the 2nd script (which pulls different Java graphic libraries, I think).

So, I created a similar script for the furniture editor. Sorry if this was obvious (I'm newbie biggrin). Copy this script in the application directory where the other 2 SweetHome3D scripts are. And copy the FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.20.jar in the lib directory (of the same application directory).
#!/bin/sh
# Retrieve Sweet Home 3D directory
PROGRAM=`readlink "$0"`
if [ "$PROGRAM" = "" ];then PROGRAM=$0
fi PROGRAM_DIR=`dirname "$PROGRAM"`

# Run Sweet Home 3D exec
exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre8/bin/java -Xmx1024m -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.20.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Furniture.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Textures.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Help.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/iText-2.1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jmf.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dcore.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dutils.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/vecmath.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre8/lib/javaws.jar -Djava.library.path="$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.FurnitureLibraryEditor -open "$1"

Now it doesn't crash. Things seem to work fine except that I get an error:
com.eteks.sweethome3d.model.RecorderException: Invalid furniture library file
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.readFurnitureLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.readFurnitureLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.viewcontroller.EditorController$3.call(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.viewcontroller.EditorController$3.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.ThreadedTaskController$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can't copy file to /tmp/furniture3331676379223917287.sh3f
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.copyFile(Unknown Source) ... 11 more

It does create the sh3f file in /tmp (I am in Linux) but get the error... If I ignore and keep going everything seems fine but not sure I'll see other errors down the road. I just started using it...

Regardless, thanks a lot for SH3D and the furniture editor. Should invite you one day to the place I am remodeling with it biggrin