Print at Jan 24, 2022, 10:33:27 AM

Posted by mazoola at Oct 3, 2016, 3:35:00 AM
Re: Sketchup furniture objects frequently lose a lot of detail on import. Is that normal?
That's strange. This machine doesn't run SH3D, but a quick glance at this model in SH3D doesn't reveal any of the usual gotchas! for moving from Sketchup to SH3D. I'll test in more detail when I get back to my place -- but in the meantime, you may want to check what export options are set.

When I export to Collada (.DAE) format, these are the options I use:

You may want to check the texture map setting in particular and make sure 'export two-sided faces' is not checked. (I still run SU8 for a very good reason I currently can't recall, so I'm using the SU8 version of the model from the 3D Warehouse. I also couldn't locate a model containing all of the component models in a single scene, so I tested using a component model. You may want to test on a single model at a time, as well.)

I'll get back to you in a few hours, once I've had a bit more time to play with this.

maz

P.S. Your Mediafire images load fine with 'open image in new tab.' You simply chose the wrong URL for embedding. To embed an image in the forum, right click on the desired image on Mediafire, select 'Share,' select 'More sharing options' at the lower left of the 'Share' window, and mark and copy the 'Direct Link' URL. Paste that URL into the 'Image' dialog box in this forum (click 'Image' and follow the instructions).