Print at Jun 26, 2019 12:52:12 PM

Posted by Puybaret at May 20, 2016 6:49:53 PM
Sweet Home 3D 5.3
Hi,

The beta test cycle will be different for this new version: before including any new feature, it starts with a Windows installer version 5.3 Beta 6 that should fix the bug some users encountered during program launch under some configurations of Windows 10 64 bit.
Some of you might wonder why the Beta counter already reached the 6th iteration? As I couldn't reproduce this error on the Windows computers at my disposal, I chose to lead some private tests directly with a few users who had this problem to go faster and avoid bothering everybody. We tried with a full copy of the JRE, with the latest Java version 8u92, with some Java settings for DirectX / OpenGL, with Java 3D 1.6, and finally, this lead to downgrade Java to 8u51 that didn't cause these problems with Sweet Home 3D 5.0, as reported by some of you. As the bugs fixed in the Java versions released since 8u51 don't seem to be related to Sweet Home 3D features, it won't be a problem, and we'll stick on this version for a while (hope Oracle will end up to fix this regression).

On behalf of Sweet Home 3D community, let me give them some warm thanks for their patience during these tests smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 5.3 was released on November 17, 2016]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer