Print at Jan 29, 2022, 12:34:06 AM

Posted by okh at Jun 24, 2015, 10:17:51 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0
Very good. Nice render.
512²
More than enough. For longer texts one would probably use several text boxes anyway.
I guess your issue as well as the one with Symbol characters might depend on the font you use and the system.
Fonts, copyright and system differences really is a history to itself. In a drawing (and in the forum, amazingly, at least with my browser font set) these relatively standard characters seem to be pretty universal with many fonts:
² ³ ¼ ½ ¾ ° © ™ ® § × ÷ ± √ ∼
← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↵ ∠ ∑ ⊕ ⊗

Which again means, lots of information like arrows can now be displayed in the 3D window just using (larger font) text: → --› --->
Pretty nice and may even cover most needs (mine, anyway). With the right font, wall symbols get even better. Nice.

However, a tool-tip with angle and distance on the dimensions tool, maybe even also angle relative to North, would be even better for actual construction, though. Especially as the number on the dimension line now is often out of the screen when positioning exactly. But maybe that is just me having spent too much time with maps smile

ok