Print at Dec 16, 2018 8:11:31 AM

Posted by Puybaret at May 7, 2015 2:43:46 PM
Sweet Home 3D 5.0
Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 5.0.

At the moment, this version brings some bug fixes in DAE files management, and also the following new features:
- When background and texture images are imported, their size is now read first to check if it not too large and a proposal is made to the user to reduce it if it's too large:

- It's now possible to change the color and the font of free texts, as well as make them appear in the 3D view at a variable elevation:

- For other texts, it's also possible to select the default font in preferences:

- I added Add point to room and Delete point from room menu items in the contextual menu of the plan. Of course, the added or deleted point will be at the position where the mouse pointer was located when the contextual menu appears:

- It's now possible to select items in furniture groups to modify them without the obligation to ungroup them. From the tests I made in other software proposing this kind of feature, I chose the following behavior: to select an item of a group in the plan, you'll have to click first on the group, then on the item, and if the item is in the subgroup, click again until you reach it. Multiple selection of group items can be done if you press the shift key.
As pieces of furniture are also listed in the furniture list, you'll have also the choice to select one or more item from the furniture list, whereas the selection in the furniture list and in the plan are synchronized.
To help you distinguish in the plan a selected item when it belongs to a group, its group is itself overpainted with a rounded rectangle filed with half transparent selection color, as shown in the following image:

- Opened groups are now saved in .sh3d files and restored when the file is reopened.

- I added Edition > Paste style menu item to copy the style of the item in the clipboard (i.e. a piece of furniture, a wall, a room or a text) on the selected items. By style, you should understand the color, texture and shininess in the case of furniture, walls or rooms, and font name, size and color in the case of texts.

- To avoid some confusion about whether a furniture or textures library import completed with no issue, an information message is now displayed once the library is imported.

- 1/8 1/4 3/8 1/2 5/8 3/4 7/8 fraction texts (written with 3 characters) are now allowed to be entered as inch fractions when Foot/Inch/Fraction unit is in use.

- The pitch rotation of the virtual visitor head can now go from -90° to 90°.

This is a first part and there should be other new features available in the coming weeks. Hope you'll enjoy these first ones! smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 5.0 was released on July 19, 2015]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer