Print at Jun 20, 2019 4:44:23 PM

Posted by Puybaret at Aug 27, 2014 11:57:20 PM
Sweet Home 3D 4.5
Hi,

Here's a beta version of Sweet Home 3D 4.5.

Until now, this new version contains only some small improvements and bug fixes:
- Spanish, Portuguese Brazilian and Japanese help translations were updated. Many thanks to Carlos Segura and Chiyoko Miklasevich for their contributions to these translations.
- I fixed a bug that could rarely interpret sh3d files with correct content as damaged files
- I removed useless confirmation when user confirms the deletion of no point of view
- Loader3DS library was replaced by the new class Max3DSLoader I programed (thanks to lib3ds authors for the inspiration, and many thanks to Loader3DS author that was so helpful during the past years). From my tests, this new class is up to twice faster, interprets better colors in 3DS files and is able to ignore the case of texture file names bound to a 3DS file. I tested this new 3DS loader against many 3DS files (mostly the ones coming from Archibit Generation), but miserably, it's still not able to interpret correctly 3DS files that contain scattered shapes like many ones available at Model3D.biz (like this model or this one). I think in many cases, these files are simply buggy and I fear you can't hope anything better.
Nevertheless, I would be pleased to read your feedback about your own tests trying to import 3DS files in this new version. If you encounter some 3DS files that used to work correctly with previous versions of Sweet Home 3D, but that are refused or buggy with this new version, please give the URL where it can be downloaded or simply send them to me.
Many thanks for your help. smile

[Notes from developer: Sweet Home 3D 4.5 was released on October 22, 2014]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer