Print at Jan 27, 2022, 11:51:59 PM

Posted by Puybaret at May 8, 2014, 12:38:18 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4
Hi,

Here's a new Beta of version 4.4 (if you can't run it because certificate is outdated, please reduce security level in Java). This update brings two new features:
- support for sideways moves in the 3D view with the keyboard using Alt + left arrow and Alt + right arrow
- new option to repair partially damaged .sh3d files with the ability to remove damaged 3D models and textures or to display them in red, as proposed in this thread.
When you try to open a corrupted file, the following message will appear:

If you chose to remove or replace the damaged items, the (partially) repaired home will be opened showing the suffix [Repaired] in window title bar. Here's how it could look like when the user chose to replace damaged items:

If you don't have any corrupted file to test this feature on your side (in a way, I hope you don't have any), it's not difficult to create some with a binary editor by changing some bytes in a .sh3d file, or by truncating the file.

Hope this new feature will help desperate users and… will give me less support work too! Keep in mind that hard disks fail sooner or later (years after years, I must have replaced around 5 hard disks here), so always keep great care of your data.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer