Print at Aug 17, 2019 2:33:28 PM

Posted by Puybaret at Mar 2, 2013 10:35:51 AM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0
This weekend, the Beta 19 brings more translation updates, and some improvements for sloping ceilings support.
At first, I was almost about to remove this feature in version 4.0, because it brings too often some misunderstandings from new users when they include a small wall in a room or don't understand how it works, and also because it didn't support multiple slopes for a room.
But finally, I kept it because nevertheless, it's still able to compute complex ceiling surfaces as long as their points are more or less coplanar (i.e. belong to the same plane). As soon as the points are not coplanar, there shouldn't be more than 2 slopes and their shape shouldn't be too complicated.
I even fixed a bug that could happen when some room points were aligned, and added support for ceilings at the border of a round sloping wall.

The attached example shows in red the cases that still fail. There's very little chance that it works one day for these, and you'll have to find workarounds (for more than 2 slopes, you just have to create more rooms).

----------------------------------------
Attachment SlopingCeillingsTest.sh3d (5970 bytes) (Download count: 1438) (Tests of various sloping ceilings)

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer