Print at Sep 16, 2019 5:05:49 AM

Posted by Puybaret at Jan 9, 2013 4:02:26 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0
Here's a new beta of the next version of Sweet Home 3D:

First, I jumped to version 4.0 because the next version will have two major changes:
- I reprogrammed the shift key as a shortcut used to keep alignment of moved objects along the horizontal axis, vertical axis and 45° / -45° axes, a classic behavior seen in many drawing applications. The shortcut key used to toggle magnetism will be now the alt key under Windows, the cmd key under Mac OS X and the Linux / Meta key under Linux (please Linux users, confirm it works for you since I didn't find any information about the behavior of that key).
- When a color is globally applied on a piece of furniture that displays some textures, these textures will be replaced by that color too, as shown in the following image:

This behavior is more consistent and isn't a big issue since it's now possible to change each material of a piece.

This new beta proposes also a better dialog box to choose the directory where the photos generated by the Create photos at points of view dialog will be stored, and fixes a bug under Mac OS X that forbad to resize windows when their 3D view was detached when saved.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer